This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Mijatovic: David beckham can piss right off if he thinks he's getting another contrac (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Mijatovic: David beckham can piss right off if he thinks he's getting another contrac
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I predict that within two years Beckham and his wife will be reduced to letting the cameras in for a reality TV show to keep people interested.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I predict that the revenue stream from same is already included in the USD 250 million figure . . .
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"reduced to"... interesting choice of words on the day becks signs a $250m contract, worth more than double the salary of the next best-paid athlete in the united states (alex rodriguez of the yankees, apparently).

maybe when he is finished over there he'll come back and buy man united?

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if you have loads of money you must be great.

The man might have cash coming out of his ears but he is still a complete fucking joke of a footballer, and has been for at least the past four years.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Garcia, you are falling into the same salary trap as your compatriots.

The USD 250 million is very soft, and Tiger Woods actually made USD 87 million in 2005, so Becks ain't king of the hill or top of the heap.

Some figures here.

Note that Jordan made more than 30 milion despite the fact that he's retired from basketball.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This whole deal makes the "Beckham as Norma Desmond" comparison even more apt.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just can't fathom your bitterness towards him. surely you are not still feeling jilted over the way he left man u? fergie claims it was he who told beckham to leave anyway.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

But the pitches in the States are the same size . .
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
worth more than double the salary of the next best-paid athlete in the united states (alex rodriguez of the yankees, apparently).
Great, glad to know people read my posts.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

compatriots???

he's obviously pretty high up the list though, which i find astonishing given he'll be 32 when he arrives and he's playing a sport which isn't really that big or popular.

Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

i just can't fathom your bitterness towards him. surely you are not still feeling jilted over the way he left man u?

Not at all, I just think he is the ultimate symbol of everything that is wrong with modern football.

garcia en dolor
Member # 152

no i saw your post inca, but i also saw a report on sky since then which listed vick's salary and claimed both rodriguez and derek jeter got paid more. they could be wrong, i have no idea.
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

to dr SS - not his fault though, is it?
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Well, aiatl may have moved and become a gooner, but he hasn't renounced his citizenship.

And yes, it is noteworthy how high he will be in the overall list if the number is even half true (I think it is very much an "up to" figure that will never be reached).

Baseball contracts are hard to figure out because they often include signing bonuses and deferred payments, which may or may not be reflected in the annual figure reported. The numbers that are used for salary cap/luxury tax purposes are not necessarily what guys actually take home.

Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
no i saw your post inca, but i also saw a report on sky since then which listed vick's salary and claimed both rodriguez and derek jeter got paid more. they could be wrong, i have no idea.
Athletes' salaries are hard to pin down.

This SI list (newer than those USA Today figures) lists Shaq as the highest paid athlete in team sports. But surprisingly to me at least, Carson Palmer has by far the top salary. I had no idea that Phil Mickelson brought in so much money.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC