This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Official Pre-Season Friendlies Thread (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: The Official Pre-Season Friendlies Thread
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BDG - Rochdale will never leave League Two in either direction. That's their division and forever it shall be. It's known as the Rochdale Division in footballing circles.

31 seasons - they must love it down there.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Falkirk surprisingly beat Ajax 2-1 yesterday. Ajax fielded a half-strength team, including Huntelaar, Sneijder, Heitinga, Emanuelson, Gabri and new signing Rommedahl. Poor promotion of the fixture meant that only 3,378 turned up.

Celtic beat Parma yesterday as well with a late goal by Aiden McGeady, not that it means anything. Saw highlights of it earlier on Setanta. Unbelievably, Fernando Couto is still playing at centre-back for Parma. He and Scott Brown had a fight in the first half.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
watching cork city beating sunderland
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danger Mouse
Member # 111

- posted      Profile for Danger Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lewin Nyatanga is class.
Now, I thought your Brazilian trialist looked better. Nyatanga looks like he needs to get a bit stronger first.

No offence, but I think you may struggle this year. Mind you, I think the same about us.

Posts: 2176 | From: Baker Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i havent been over impressed with nytanga since he came into the wales team
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Notts County 2 Nottingham Forest 1. There's been a bit of a 'proper off', which is rare for the Nottingham derby. My mate said some overweight Forest lads ran onto the pitch after the game and were faced down by a girl who, to quote my mate, 'was giving it some proper Nottingham'. Coppers all over the place, when there were none at the actual game.

My mate took the opportunity to have a crafty fag in the stand while the stewards were running about, God bless him.

Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
giving it some proper Nottingham
I suspect Danny Dyer will be nicking that one for his next series.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Casper
Member # 131

- posted      Profile for Billy Casper         Edit/Delete Post 
Barnsley 0-2 Wigan

Wigan played some really nice passing football. If they can find someone decent to play alongside Heskey they might do all right this season. Koumas fits this team perfectly. Titus Bramble doesn't move. (In his defence though, against our forwards he didn't have to.)

Barnsleys 'Brazilian' trialist, who goes by the half unlikely name of Dennis Souza, is certainly eye catching. (I have my suspicions that Antony Kay has just let his hair grow and put a hairband on, in the hopes of staying with us.) He just seems a bit wild, gets caught out of position, and is one footed.
Lewin Nyatanga is intelligent, calm, and reads the game really well. He just needs to be quicker if he wants to make it at the top level. He's only 18 though so there is time.

In my opinion like.

Posts: 99 | From: Baaarrnsli | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Although I should probably mention that Chelsea's line up was:
: Taylor, Cummings, Worley, Pettigrew, Bertrand, Bridcutt, Ferreira, Woods, Younghusband, Tejera Rodriguez, Stoch

Subs: Magnay, Searle, Neilsen, Ofori, Van Aanholt

And, no, that isn't Paulo Ferreira!

Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We also managed to beat Brondby 2-0 last night, with Drogba bagging a brace.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosa arancione calda
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for cosa arancione calda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Royal Antwerp 1-1 Ipswich

A late equaliser from Gary Roberts for Ipswich, who finished with goalkeeper Shane Supple coming on as left back in the absence of any other subs.

Posts: 645 | From: High on a hill looking down | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Swindon lost 1-0 at home to Bristol City last night. I didn't bother going though. Apparently it was flying ant day in Swindon yesterday. We had two trialists playing up front and they both failed to impress (one of them had been set to sign for Wrexham). 10 days until the start of the season and we've still only got one recognised striker, and he's only in the squad because he's the manager's son. Gulp.
Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Robbie Fowler's just been snapped up. Gah.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Younghusband?
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to the pre season game at Darlington last night. 3,000 crowd, 1,500 Leeds fans. Horrid atmosphere, lots of angry folk. Lots of Bates out Wise out chants. Beckford looked superb, so I guess we will sell him now, other than him and young Howson, not really many bright spots - Heath looks even worse than last season...

The Anti Bates movement is however growing rapidly and gathering momentum, a protest is planned for Saturdays home friendly against Wigan...

Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC