This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The official OTF Carling Cup 07-08 thread (Page 33)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: The official OTF Carling Cup 07-08 thread
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Onfield rows between teammates happen pretty frequently and blow over just as quickly.

They also tend to happen to teams that are doing badly, either on the day or in general, or both. You've got Bowyer/Dyer a couple of years ago, Le Saux/Batty when Blackburn were getting fisted in Moscow in 1995 (later on, Sherwood and Hendry also tried to hit each other after Sherwood lost possession on the edge of the box and gave away a free; Hendry got sent off for a professional foul near the end), McManaman/Grobbelaar at Goodison Park, and Stuart McCall and Andy Myers when Bradford were getting hammered at Elland Road.

The only on-pitch altercation I can think of that happened to a winning team was when Dunga squared up to somebody or other for giving the ball away, when Brazil were playing Morocco at France 98. Brazil won easily enough in the end.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Here's my straw, grasp at it. Onfield rows between teammates happen pretty frequently and blow over just as quickly.

If you are hoping this will prove to be the catalyst for some sort of drastic collapse in Arsenal's team morale and subsequently their form, then I think you'll be mistaken once more.

Well, that's a 'general' hope, perhaps, but I don't actually recall saying it at any point during this rather pointless debate.

Oh, and to be 'mistaken once more', I'd need to have been 'mistaken' in the first place - so you may want to rephrase that last line as well. You saw the game. Spurs - finally - stuffed Arsenal good and proper; this performance resulted in three of the latter's first teamers having a row on the pitch (which, I'm afraid, *doesn't* happen that often in major games, as the Lt suggests above); Wanger made something of a t*t of himself in his post match interview. I'm not making any claims to anything other than the above.

Whichever team one supports, these are just facts. Get over it.

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still no offer of tickets.

If this continues i will purchace a little black notepad and jot down names ala Jack Charlton.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Malcolm, they go on sale to home ST holders this Wednesday morning and then onto members the following Monday. Bookings only taken over the phone or on the internet, so I'm bracing myself for a meltdown trying to get through.
Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that arsenal once again get away with it on video evidence. I had hoped this would stop once david Dein had left but seemingly not. I swear that if the zapruder film had revealed martin keown as the trigger man, the Video panel would have given him a suspended sentance.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK

Posh V Southampton all the way to spurs V Chelsea via cardiff brighton

official match thread here, the circle will be squared etc

spurs 2-0

[ 21.02.2008, 10:18: Message edited by: rick derris ]

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chelsea to win 3-2, spurs will go 1-0 up and 2-1 up then capitulate.

Jenas will be sent off to waving his arse at Ashley Cole.

Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldve gone to the Final in corporate but my otf style "principles" meant I turned the chance down. Although If we'd been playing Id be there like a shot.

2-0 to Chelsea. No ET reqd.

Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paxton Sprout
Member # 2169

- posted      Profile for Paxton Sprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The more I think about this game the more I wish we weren't playing chelsea. I can see them grinding us down and winning 1 or 2 nil in the last 10 minutes or so. Inevitably fat frank from the penalty spot.

How's that for optimistic.

Posts: 497 | From: where I'm standing behind the goal that was clearly offside | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently we get a free flag if that's any consolation.
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't look like Chelsea's 30 million pound Carling Cup substitute will play in the final.

Shevchenko was at Ashburton Grove last night hitching a lift on the AC Milan team bus.

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paxton Sprout
Member # 2169

- posted      Profile for Paxton Sprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if we play on Sunday like we did last night I'll have the consolation of getting away from Wembley before the crowds.
Posts: 497 | From: where I'm standing behind the goal that was clearly offside | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From today's Graun:
quote:
Get back in your seats

The Carling Cup's title sponsor will attempt to shame the "prawn-eaters" back into their executive seats at Wembley immediately after half-time at Sunday's final by photographing the entire stadium. A donation of up to £20,000 will be made to the event's charity, the Bobby Moore Fund, depending on the number of occupied seats.

I wonder why they think that the mere act of watching the current Chelsea team play football wouldn't be enough of a draw...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why are there such alot of engineering works planned on the trains/tubes on Cup Final Day?

Bad enough having to dodge the Chelsea fans on the train but having the journey take longer too......

Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A delayed train journey from the Sussex coast should be just long enough for the Spurszzz fans to reminisce about that 30 game winless run [Wink]

Let's hope your mob improve massively on the Slavia performances and keep the margin down to two or three

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC