This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The official OTF Carling Cup 07-08 thread (Page 34)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: The official OTF Carling Cup 07-08 thread
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Morgan - because the train companies don't give a fuck.

Does anyone know a good bar in Amsterdam to watch the game in?

Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Doesn't look like Chelsea's 30 million pound Carling Cup substitute will play in the final.

Shevchenko was at Ashburton Grove last night hitching a lift on the AC Milan team bus.

I read that he took the entire Milan squad out to dinner after the game. I'm always told I'll get terrible indigestion if I eat that late.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit that I'm expecting a lot of nastiness on the tubes and trains and around the ground, so look after yourselves fellow-OTFers.
Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm getting up there at midday to iron out some of you slags.*

*not really.

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looking forward to this game but would rather be playing anyone but Chelsea. realistically wer're about 5 to 1 shots to win this.

Hopefully the fact that this is our biggest game of this season will bring out the best in both the crowd and the team.

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan, try that big sportsbar in leidersquare.
Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has it been revealed who will get to wear white socks yet? I feel this will be a crucial element in deciding the ultimate winner.

[ 22.02.2008, 19:27: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian potter
Member # 691

- posted      Profile for brian potter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
H, I'd expect it to be chelsea, whilst tottenham wear their traditional yellow.
Posts: 1402 | From: your father's hand that always seemed like a fist | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tottenham are wearing all white and Chelsea are wearing all blue, apparently.
Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

The odds on Spurs drop with that piece of news then.

It's a tough one for the neutral this, especially if you live in London as you don't really want the supporters of either Tottenham or Chelsea happy.

On the basis that the former would be absolutely ecstatic with a League Cup win while the latter would merely see it as satisfying and be hoping for a lot more from the season one would almost, shudder, prefer a Chelsea victory. Perhaps they could pick up a raft of injuries, suspensions and fatigue from extra time to help derail their hopes for other trophies as a silver lining though.

Either way, it's going to be a rush to click the TV off right on the final whistle in order to avoid seeing either team's players or supporters celebrating.

fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how can you not want us lovely spurs supporteres to be happy?
Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

Because I'm not sure what the shock of such a new and strange feeling would do to you.

The last League Cup you won I saw a man dancing convulsively outside a house in my street clad only in a Spurs shirt and a pair of tatty cheap boxers. I've got kids now, I can't risk them experiencing that even if I have moved ten miles away.

[ 22.02.2008, 21:48: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh go on Harry, support Spurs and I'll send the girls round afterwards to celebrate

-

Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuts 'n Gum
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for Nuts 'n Gum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they need to update their kits.

erm..

Posts: 1220 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

"I think a Spurs win would be good for the game." Tony Gubba speaking on on the Eamonn Holmes show this morning.

Surely a statement that its hard to argue with. Should you support the mightly and glorious lilywhites who stand for everything good an noble about the game of football, or you go for the dull, win at all costs chelsea, a team that has floated to their current eminence on a flood of tears from the aids orphans of Siberia.

We only need to look at the teams to know that football NEEDS a Tottenham victory tomorrow. What football fan could fail to be enraptured by the silky skills of the magnificent Berbatov. Here surely is the riposte to those who yearn for a return of craft over brawn. What beeter sight could there be tomorrow than Berby popping the ball between the legs of the despicable Terry before chipping the ball gracefully over the helmetted chelski keeper.

Who could begrudge a winners medal to everyones favourite ckeeky chappie and loveable irish lad Robbie Keane.

For those with a taste for tale of pathos what better story is there than the comeback of Paul Robbo Robinson. A story to give hope to every fat kid who is the last to picked in the playground and then gets shoved in goal.

Then there is the heartwarming tale of redemption that is the Jonathon Woodgate Story. The former racist skinhead took himself off to the Spanish interior for two lonely years where he joined a monastry, grew his hair and transformed himself into an ambassador for multi-cultural Britian.

The cherry on the cake will be the return (probably for one match only) of King Ledley to lead the glorious ones back to their rightful place at the top of the Carling Cup pile.

I hope that even posters such as the Liquidator and the Nocturnal Submission will see the light and and go to Wembley with the thought that a win for Tottenham Hotspur Footbal Club will be the best thing for the game.

Surely everyone would enjoy seeing the happiness that such a result would bring the loveable scamps who support the club.

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC