This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Any Middlesbrough supporters on here? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Any Middlesbrough supporters on here?
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah.... Jim Diamond was Scottish
Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
IIRC, they were the one Premier League club that didn't even get a "soft spot for" vote the last time we did a comprehensive survey.
I'm more surprised someone has a soft spot for Bolton to be honest.
Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Any Middlesbrough supporters on here?"

Even if there were, they would be no use to you as they would still be in a coma after the 2 cup games against the Blades...

Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waddya wanna know?(to be read in smoggy accent).
Try the "fly me to the moon" fanzines site or if its not too personal theres a few "sensible" smogs over on the sunderland board I could ask via PM.

Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As custodian of the last OTF census, I can confirm that Middlesbrough did indeed score nul points on the OTF popularity scale (i.e. no-one even looks out for their results in the Sunday paper), but they shared the dubious distinction with Blackburn Rovers.

For the sake of completion, the remaining members of the Hall Of Shame were Yeovil, Carlisle, Chesterfield, Accrington, Hartlepool, Stockport, Torquay and Macclesfield.

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Applause for Willie 1 Foot.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Franchise got a vote?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember whether they got a vote or whether I was ignoring them. I'll check when I get home tonight.

[ 04.03.2008, 11:02: Message edited by: Alderman Barnes ]

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Middlesbrough are one of those clubs that for some reason I just find it impossible to imagine anyone taking an interest in. This is unfair of me, of course, but presumably no-one on OTF is going to get too pissed off by such an admission. It's not helped by the fact that Middlesbrough always seem to be playing opponents that I find it equally hard to have an opinion about: either Blackburn Rovers or Everton. Every week, I swear it.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Waterman It Be
Member # 1075

- posted      Profile for Lucy Waterman It Be     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure that lots of us look out for the Franchise results.
Posts: 2972 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to see my profession is held in such high esteem by OTF.

[ 04.03.2008, 12:49: Message edited by: Eggchaser ]

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Furtho: Youve just hit on poor old Boros main problem in that no-one outside of Boro cares about them at all EITHER way.
Theyve no natural enemies. Hartlepool & Darlington are on their doorstep but very preoccupied with each other. Sunderland and N*******e are 35 and 45 miles away respectively, Leeds are 60+ miles south. Theyve existed in a rivalry vaccumm which SKY's laughable attempts to create the Tyne-Tees or Wear-Tees derby hype will never alter. As would be confirmed by any NE biased otf'rs.
Personally speaking if Sunderland cant win a trophy id prefer Middlesboro to win it before any other club that have won something previously. Even more so now that Joooooolioo Arca is playing for them. Come home Joooolio please.

Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eggy, we love your favourite sport too...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
boro HATE sunderland, something that isnt recipricated but the hate from ayersome/riverside in the sunderland direction seems to be greater than that towards the tyneside area

I once stood with a few mates in the early 90's on that boro nutters end behind the goal for the sunderland game. not for the faint hearted

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also know a Hitchin based Boro fan. Not a solicitor though, she's a teacher.
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC