This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Birmingham v Newcastle (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Birmingham v Newcastle
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but did he mention the car parks?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it me, or has McFadden scored more for Birmingham in about two months than he managed in several years at Everton?
Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's scored four since his switch, he's obviously benefited from being a regular starter and playing as an out & out striker as opposed to where he was jammed oute wide and/or deep in to Everton's 4-5-1.

Birmingham also seem to play with him as a focal point of their team as Scotland do rather than asking him to adapt to a rigid system like Everton did.

Oh, he takes Birmingham's penalties too.

[ 18.03.2008, 10:24: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What? No mention of the handball? The best bit of the game?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Viduka falling to his knees and crossing himself in the most dramatic fashion I'd ever seen when he scored for Celtic against Dundee. As if you needed God's help to score at Dens.
Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just looked that game up on Soccerbase, and it was four days after Viduka had refused to go out for the second half against Inverness CT in the cup. Perhaps at Dens Park he was praying for absolution.

If I could push one footballer out of a high window, it would be Ashley Cole. But if I could push two footballers out of a high window, they would be Ashley Cole and Mark Viduka.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone see Keegan's post-match interview? It was pure Wingco/'Tommy Sunderland', trying to make the fact that they went a goal down to fucking Birmingham and managed to scrape an equaliser sound like a heroic achievement.

Keegan's been making these souped-up announcements since he arrived at Newcastle ('Win this mini-league', my arse), Paul Wilson wrote a pretty good article about Keegan and Newcastle in the Observer last Sunday, which just about says all there is (in my view, anyway) about these footballing monoliths.

Here it is...

[ 18.03.2008, 11:08: Message edited by: ian .64 ]

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Perhaps at Dens Park he was praying for absolution
It's never worked for me.
Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He said Owen's goal "gave us a platform to go on and win the game". That was the phrase he used. Incredible.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd need to do Cole first, so he was crushed by Viduka, the other way round and Cole would just bounce back up unharmed.
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that was a really good result for Newcastle last night. Birmingham have been doing well since McLeish came in. I think to go there and get a point, especially given their situation, was a job well done.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that might be enough to swing the balance back in Newcastle's favour unless they lose to Fulham at the weekend.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC