This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Hopes for the rest of the season (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hopes for the rest of the season
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Based on what can realistically be expected - so I've not, for example, gone for Schalke for the European Cup even though in an ideal worldr that's who I'd want to win it.)

European Cup - Barcelona
UEFA Cup - Fiorentina

English Champions - Arsenal
Relegated from Prem - Derby, Fulham, Wigan
FA Cup - West Brom (although anyone but Portsmouth really)

Scottish Champions - Celtic
Scottish Cup - Aberdeen
Promoted to Prem - Hamilton Accies

Feel free to add other leagues etc. as you see fit...

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Relegated from Prem - Derby, Newcastle, Wigan
FA Cup - Barnsley

That's about it.

Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
European Cup - Liverpool. I would just enjoy AIATL with the face of a bulldog licking piss off a nettle arguing again that it's actually a rubbish competition anyway.

UEFA Cup - guess !

FA Cup - don't mind, whoever deserves it most.
Relegated - Newcastle are the only team I really want to go down, whoever most deserving for the rest.

Scotland - That will be Rangers, or at worst not Celtic.

Other odds and ends....

Italian Champions - Inter
French Ligue 1 Relegated - Paris SG
La Liga Relegated - Athletic Bilbao

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like Manchester United to win the League and the Big Cup, but I wont be gutted if they don't. Unless they lose to Liverpool in the Champs League final, obv.

As for the rest of football, I'd titter a little if Newcastle went down, but again, I've better things to do with my time than worry about that. I hope Franchise don't go up. And I'm torn between wanting Bury to fail miserably and just continue existing outside my sphere of interest.

So, in conclusion:

NPL div 1 North: FC United of Manchester
NPL div 1 North play off winners: Curzon Ashton
President's Cup: FC United of Manchester
Manchester Premier Cup: FC United of Manchester

That'd be nice.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CL: any team not called Liverpool

UEFA Cup: any team not called Rangers

Prmeiership: Avram Grant winning the title would be the funniest thing ever

FA Cup: Barnsley

Relegated: either Newcastle or Sunderland to take the last spot, again for comedy value

SPL: take a wild guess, though it's not going to happen

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that we make it...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fire n Brim
Member # 3898

- posted      Profile for Fire n Brim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we'll make it Tim. Only need a couple more wins to ensure safety I reckon. Ah, you mean the Millers don't you ?
Posts: 26 | From: arra fringes | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
European Cup - Barca (anyone but the English four, ultimately)
Uefa Cup - PSV
League - Arsenal
Relegated - Newcastle, Birmingham

FA Cup - Barnsley
Championship - West Brom, Ipswich, Hull promoted
Relegated - not Scunthorpe, Southampton
League One promotion - Swansea and Donny deserve it, us implausibly through the play-offs. Not Leeds.
League one relegation - Millwall plus the three doomed teams
League two promotion - Hereford, Stockport, Darlo, Anyone But Franchise
League two relegation - not Wrexham or Notts County

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
European Cup - Schalke, then Barca, then anyone but Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool. Arseanl's ability to resist the lure of a millionaire will be increased if they can show success without such a person.
UEFA - Hamburg
League - Arse
Releagted - Newcastle, Birmingham and Derby
FA Cup - Anyone but Portsmouth
Championship - only hope here is that an ex-prem club gets relegated and Preston don't.
League One - Swansea then anyone but Leeds
L1 Relegation - all four teams being relegated for financial penalties - will maybe force the league to revisit their policy
L2 - Stockport, anyone but Franchise going up and Notts County surviing. Bury to go down.

Conference - Exeter going up, Altrincham going down

Conf N - Telford
Ryman - Wombles up
Unibond 1 N - FCUM
North east Counties - Scarborough Athletic

Bundesliga - Bremen

[ 18.03.2008, 12:13: Message edited by: Nathan HelenaHandcart ]

Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean that I hope the Millers are still in existence at the end of the season...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem, Tom, you stopped too soon...

Conf - I'd like Aldershot to win it, and not just because they're going to
I'd like Burton to win the play offs, or possibly Cambridge, but not Torquay.
I can't see any of Droylsden, Stafford, or Northwich staying up, but I'd laugh a long hearty laugh if Weymouth joined them.
If one of Lewes or Eastbourne Borough are going to win the Conf South then I hope the other one fails to win the play offs (for the purely selfish reason that I've been to both their grounds, and the only point in someone new coming up is so that I can tick off another ground on my Facebook list). I similarly hope that Kettering don't get promoted from Conf North.

Not too sure about Div 4 relegation. I kinda like Wrexham, whereas I hate Mansfield, but perversely that means I'd rather the Welsh lot came down so that we have someone nice to play against. Bury is too far away, so I'd quite like Dagenham to come back to where they belong so I can stop for a curry in Borough Market on the way home, again.

Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What curry house?
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paxton Sprout
Member # 2169

- posted      Profile for Paxton Sprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PL - anybody but arsenal
CL - anybody but arsenal and, if I'm honest, chelsea & liverpool
UEFA - getafe
PL relegated - derby, bolton, newcastle (tee hee)
FA cup - west brom
carling cup - is that finished already? who won it?
promoted to PL - west brom, bristol city, charlton
league 1 relegated - south coast big club, scunthorpe, coventry
other leagues - not fussed but would like to see forest and stevenage up and MK dons denied for some spurious reason.

Posts: 497 | From: where I'm standing behind the goal that was clearly offside | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CL - Arsenal

UEFA Cup - Sporting

Premiership - Arsenal

Relegated - As well as certs Derby, Fulham to play them next season, Newcastle for the fat man slipping on a banana skin comedy pratfall.

FA Cup - go on, guess

Promoted from D2 - Stoke ( as the least offensive of the likely champions) , WBA, Charlton as play-off winners

Auto Windscreens thingy - Grimsby by a 12-0 scoreline.

[ 18.03.2008, 12:07: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PL - Arsenal (basically anyone but Man Utd)
CL - Liverpool, obviously, then Arsenal then anyone but Chelsea and Man Utd.
UEFA - Not bothered really. Would prefer it if Bayern didn't
FA Cup - Barnsley, then Portsmouth, West Brom, Cardiff
PL Relegated - Sunderland, Birmingham (although Newcastle would be a bit funny)
Other leagues - Not Aldershot, not MK Dons

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC