This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » audiogalaxy - well it's been fun. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: audiogalaxy - well it's been fun.
piscesboy
Member # 94

- posted      Profile for piscesboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no really it has.
f*ckers.
anyone else finding
(almost) everything blocked ?

Posts: 940 | From: manchester, england. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They didn't offer Mac support, so f*ck 'em.
Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seconded, Purple Cow- I thought I had the world of music at my fingertips only to discover that Gates Fucker had spread his disease through it.
Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
P&P review from my sources:

edonkey: very slow but a large choice

gnucleus: unstable programme, but excellent variety of MP3; fast, but you can't get everything you want immediately

Kazaa: many MP3s at a decent speed; but the variety isn't as good as in gnucleus

As for audiogalaxy, it's still brilliant for some of the lesser known tracks, especially if you're looking for world music, long forgotten album tracks, themes etc.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow, G Man - I never had you down as a Windows guy.
Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: audiogalaxy

You can also find available copies of the blocked stuff, if you get creative with the names of the tracks - mispell words, switch the artist with the title, etc.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piscesboy
Member # 94

- posted      Profile for piscesboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh so it's the old [Roll Eyes] napster route then.
i can't bear it. still it beats
sitting thru big bro 3.

Posts: 940 | From: manchester, england. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldfishboy
Member # 142

- posted      Profile for goldfishboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Napster really better than AudioG?
Posts: 170 | From: here to eternity, without in-betweens | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piscesboy
Member # 94

no napster's gone. dead + gone.
i meant the old routine of trying
to get stuff by going r3adio-heeead'
etc.etc. right pain in the a*se.
audiog is *so* much better.
well it used 2 b.

Admin 8
Member # 78

- posted      Profile for Admin 8         Edit/Delete Post 
Never try anything that uses the Gnutella network. Bearshare, Audiogalaxy etc. are all a waste of time along with Kazaa [although kazaa is good for downloading games].

If you're stuck for mp3s try www.imesh.com it offers a large selection and disconnections are very rare.

[ 11-06-2002, 04:34: Message edited by: Fartle 2.0 ]

Posts: 4186 | From: The Delete Key | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fartle, you might want to edit out the comma at the end of the URL.

Purple Cow, I'm bi. I do Win98 at home and Mac at work. Apple is far too expensive in SA to run as a home computer, and software is almost impossible to come by if you still want to feed the family.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pishtico pishtico
Member # 154

- posted      Profile for pishtico pishtico     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have a problem with Audiogalaxy just downloaded Dr Feelgoods "Back in the night" in 20 minitues flat. Btw that's fast for my pc
Posts: 737 | From: birmingham uk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leatherface
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for Leatherface     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that there is nothing on Warp records that you can download from Audiogalaxy: they've blocked every Aphex Twin, Broadcast, etc. track. Bastards.
Posts: 717 | From: Israel-upon-Thames | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piscesboy
Member # 94

it's official.
as of yesterday. [Mad]
bastards, bastards, bastards.

Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Purple Cow:. You could've logged on to Audio-Galaxy via MacSatellite but I guess it's all academic now.

In fact Audio-Galaxy/MacSatellite was the only way I've been able to download MP3s. MacTella usually freezes and I've found nothing else that supports Apple successfully...if anyone knows of anything please do tell.

[ 18-06-2002, 05:58: Message edited by: John C ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC