This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Groups that will probably never have their own tribute band (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Groups that will probably never have their own tribute band
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jive Bunny
Paper Lace
Lieutenent Pigeon
Bros
Freddie And The Dreamers
Brotherhood Of Man
St Winifred's School Choir
Boo-Yah Tribe
Sham 69
Flintlock

Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 149

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Half the eurobore entrants for 25 years have BHOM tribute bands in all but name.

Stereophonics remind me of paper lace for some odd reason- possibly cos they're both quite melodic really?

Posts: 2121 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jimmy the Hoover
FR David
The Bridewell Taxis
Menswear
E-Zee Possee
The Lighthouse Family
England 1982 WC squad

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy C
Member # 51

- posted      Profile for Andy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bjorn Again
Posts: 8328 | From: Hampstead Norreys no more | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gordon Bennet
Member # 137

- posted      Profile for Gordon Bennet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a video of Flintlock performing.

Sleeper
GG Allin & the Murder Junkies
Jesus Jones

Posts: 750 | From: bad to worse | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Domestiques
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Domestiques     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
uban cookie collective
desireless
stakka bo
matthew wilder
billy bragg

Posts: 337 | From: upstairs back bedroom | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rapeman
Lamont Young's Theatre Of Eternal Music
Count Ossie's Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari
Kemet Crew (Ditto So Solid Crew)
Spontaneous Music Ensemble
Ant And Dec
Jeff Mills
Utah Saints
Soulsonic Force
Two Live Crew
Godspeed You Black Emperor!
The Last Poets
Chumbawumba
Musical Youth
Big Country

... though I've got a great name for a tribute to the last one.

[ 30-05-2002, 15:15: Message edited by: Diggedy Derek ]

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think there is a Bros tribute band, you know? Drop the Boy, I think they're called.

Which reminds me of when I used to live in New Cross The Venue used to have 'A Tribute To...' nights at least three times a week.

Sometimes it'd be The Smiths or The Stone Roses or what-have-you, sometimes it'd be Shawaddywaddy or The Rubettes or something.

Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which reminds me of when I used to live in New Cross The Venue used to have 'A Tribute To...' nights at least three times a week.

Still does unfortunately Matt. It's amazing to think the amount of great bands I've seen play there to a handful of punters. Pulp played to just me and me mate once, Jarvis gave us a bottle of Old Spice afterwards for our troubles.

10 years on and Wham, Jam and Abba tribute bands pack the place out every week. No doubt if Wham, The Jam or Abba would've actually played The Venue when they were actually together they would have been greeted by a couple of spotty teenagers and the barstaff.

btw. the Stone Roses tribute band are called The Stoned Roses, There's also Complete Madness, The Paul Weller Experience...

[ 30-05-2002, 15:40: Message edited by: steveeeeeeeee ]

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, since you ask the name for my Big Country tribute was-

Big C_nt.

I've got my coat, I was going home now anyway.

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Domestiques
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Domestiques     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cleopatra
Posts: 337 | From: upstairs back bedroom | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Simon Bremner
Member # 161

- posted      Profile for Simon Bremner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds Unlimited Posse
D.irections I.n G.roove
ABC
Guru Josh
Sneaker Pimps
Icehouse
Roxus
Uncanny X-Men
Joe Jackson
Rollins Band
J.Geils Band
and well I guess, Phish

Posts: 12 | From: Melbourne, Victoria | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stitched Back Foot Airmen

Oh, and ABC does have a tribute band. They're called 'Lexicon' - and they're bluddy awful!

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Domestiques
Member # 64

stitched back foot airmen, i would be in there tribute band anyday, invented by robots is one of the best tracks of the 80's genius.
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rapeman
Lamont Young's Theatre Of Eternal Music
Count Ossie's Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari
Kemet Crew (Ditto So Solid Crew)
Spontaneous Music Ensemble
Ant And Dec
Jeff Mills
Utah Saints
Soulsonic Force
Two Live Crew
Godspeed You Black Emperor!
The Last Poets
Chumbawumba
Musical Youth
Big Country

I was in a fledgling tribute band to one of the above bands. We never did any gigs though, as we split up due to "artistic differences"

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC