This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Autechre

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Autechre
Carter The Unstoppable
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Carter The Unstoppable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just picked up what I think is this bands new CD at the weekend...Confield?

It wasn't quite what I was expecting though some of the sounds are pretty interesting.

Can anyone recommend other stuff that is a little more 'upbeat'?

Posts: 78 | From: Londinium | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hypno-Houllier
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Hypno-Houllier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what you mean by "more upbeat", since upbeat isn't the first word I'd think of when describing Autechre's music. I've always thought of them as "noisy melancholists", with the emphasis on noisy on their latest records.

However, if you're looking for something different and more accessible than the abstract soundscapes on Confield, I'd recommend their first two albums, Incunabula and Amber, plus an EP called Garbage. I especially recommend Garbage, which is a truly astonishing record.

Posts: 57 | From: Bergen, Norway | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably their most upbeat is Incunabula, their first one. But really if you're looking for upbeat music they're the wrong people to listen to.

Probably my favorite two albums are Amber and Tri Repetate. Tough, exploratory electronic music.

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC