This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Trash Query

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trash Query
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kid 606 and Gold Chains are playing at Trash tomorrow, I've only ever attended this club when it was at a place called 'Plastic People' in Oxford St.

I just went to the website to get some info and it's says they refuse entry if you don't make the effort to dress up, so a few questions:

1 What is considered "dressed up" for a 27 year old man? I went to Pacha a month or so ago and got in, so I should be alright, right?

2 I'm going to see a band play at The Verge beforehand so won't be getting there until about 11:30, will I still get in?

3 Since when have indie clubs been trendy? Gone are the days of kids spilling snakebite and black down their Leveller's t-shirt whilst Jonathan & Eko drop some bangin' tunes, hey?

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trash is apparently well hard to get into. Dressing up means looking Stroke-ey, glam-y or anything else with a hint of NY decadence. I think.

But GFB or SR might have more info.

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Derek, might skip it then, nothing more demeaning that not getting into a club you couldn't give a toss about.

Are you going to the Foe, I'm Being Good, Lapsus Lingue and some other band at The Verge tonight, should be a goodun.

[ 17-06-2002, 14:35: Message edited by: steveeeeeeeee ]

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to decide between [Mark Vivian] Foe and a Chris Marker film at the mo. But yeah, I might well be there- I'll let you know if I get the chance.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

Fuck's sake. In the end I didn't manage to get to either- work, work and more work.

How was it Steveeeeeee?

steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

Pity Derek, Foe were pretty f ucking wicked, testosterone rock, like Geiger Counter but with less distortion and riffage, lots more solos. Somtimes it worked amazingly well, othertimes it was appalling guitar w4nkery, but overall, good stuff.

Lapsus Lingaue were pretty impressive, sounded a lot like The Monsoon Bassoon but a lot more melodic.

Hate to break this to ya, but The Oxes headlined, I'm still not too impressed by them but they put on a very entertaining show.

Great night for a fiver.

Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

Sounds wicked, I wish I could have made it. The Oxes! Bollocks.

Everyone I know who's seen the Oxes has dissed them now, so maybe I was a bit hasty bigging them up. Their album is out soon, I'll check it out and reevaluate them.

I've heard Lapsus Lingae compared to The Cardiacs, which put me off.

I like Monsoon Basoon too actually- their bass player works for us. He's a great guy.

The mathrock/hardcore contiuum- it's wicked though, innit. I love gigs like that, even if there's a fair amount of fretwnkery.

steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

I think there is a general rule in London now that at some point in your life you have to have worked with a member of The Monsoon Bassoon, I used to work with a few of them at Ticketmaster. Your guy was right at the front during Foe.

I said to my mate during the gig that gigs like this are great but it's such a boys scene, there aren't too many chicks diggin' the math.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC