This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Current favourites (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Current favourites
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goldfrapp - Satin Chic
Missy Elliott - The Rain
The Fall - Two Librans
Destinys Child - Lose My Breath
Belle and Sebastian - Expectations
BDP - South Bronx
Gene - Olympian
The Manics - Let Robeson Sing
The Impressions - Check Out Your Mind
Sly and the Family Stone - Soul Clapping

Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Pussycat Girls - Don't Cha

plus, erm, you know, a load of obscure post-rock and free-jazz stuff that you probably haven't heard of.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibex Trounce
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Ibex Trounce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
try me.

the pussycat girls are arrant pirates and i'm boycotting them 'cos tori was robbed of her hit.

Posts: 1319 | From: helm hard-a-port | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm not really, ZZ. It's just posturing.

I got Certain Blacks by Art Ensemble of Chicago a few weeks ago, which is excellent, I suppose.

Tell me more about this piracy/tori business.

[ 27.09.2005, 14:42: Message edited by: Toro nigiri ]

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GIK
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for GIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That 'Don't Cha' record is fucking despicable, they go on about how they're doing it for women, new girl power etc etc - but really they're saying FUCK ME, I'm pretty, not like your girlfriend...

Slappers.

Posts: 5389 | From: Cheshire with Love | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Not just pretty, you see, but hot, raw, and a freak to boot.

Mmmmmm.

My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Don't Cha' just hate it when some corporate girl group planning committee devises a supposedly salacious band that when fabricated, aren't actually in the slightest bit titillating.

i mean, Bratz act like bigger sluts than the Pussycat Dolls.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good song though.

Haters of it will be pleased to know that the Sugababes look to be knocking them from the top this coming week. New entries in the top 10 for Liberty X and tATu as well. It's like 2003 all over again...

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Signor Bloomski
Member # 1321

- posted      Profile for Signor Bloomski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Half Man Half Biscuit - Upon Westminster Bridge (why is Achtung Bono so hard to get hold of? Is there something up with Probe Plus?)
dEUS - Bad Timing
Mew - The Zookeeper's Boy
Metric - Monster Hospital
Okkervil River - Black
Tilly And The Wall - You And I Misbehaving
Emmanuel Jal - Gua
Stars - Your Ex-Lover Is Dead
Field Music - You Can Decide
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland 1945
We Are Scientists - The Great Escape
Go! Team - Bottle Rocket

Posts: 284 | From: as far as the mind can think | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark e
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for mark e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'achtung bono' is/was in my local virgin megabore in bristol. so cant be that hard ..
Posts: 1616 | From: Bristol | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GIK
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for GIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Good song though.

Jimsk, sometimes, not as often as you used to do, but still, every now and again like...you honestly fucking baffle me.
Posts: 5389 | From: Cheshire with Love | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

You people just fear pop.
Ibex Trounce
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Ibex Trounce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI: Tori Alamaze did the original and 200 million times better version of "Don't 'Cha" which lingered in 12" import limbo for about a year, and then the PCDs stepped in with their limp but corporate carpetbagging cover.

For older readers: it's a bit like Craig Douglas getting to number one with "Only Sixteen" instead of Sam Cooke.

I heard the PCDs' version of "Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go" on the radio the other day. It's not quite as good as the Soft Cell one.

[ 28.09.2005, 09:07: Message edited by: Zoe Zawinul ]

Posts: 1319 | From: helm hard-a-port | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unlike David Gray's take on Say Hello Wave Goodbye, for instance?
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibex Trounce
Member # 822

jesus i'd completely forgotten about that particular aesthetic carwreck.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC