This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » The dying gasps of the New Romantics (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The dying gasps of the New Romantics
mark e
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for mark e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on the Westworld tip .. what about that excellent one hit wonder - Queen B track with the hook that went something like : "Red Top Beep Beep Yeah!"

oh hang on - released in 89.

still crackin' track, why the f*ck did i get rid of that cd single.

[ 21.02.2007, 16:17: Message edited by: mark e ]

Posts: 1616 | From: Bristol | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
after mentions on this thread for Black (cf the RCR thread) and Swing Out Sister (cf the Yacht Rock thread), i reckon we should embark on a quest for the band that straddles the most genres.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark e
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for mark e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Featuring Steve Hogarth on vocals, who is now part of Top Ten-crashing reviled cottage industry Marillion.
ah ha. does this make the 7" a collectors piece for the hardcore Marillion fans i wonder ..

Posts: 1616 | From: Bristol | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark E - the Queen B song was "Red Top Hot Shot". Man, I loved that song. I was gonna mention them, but I couldn't decide whether to put it on Record Company Rock or this one. Criminally, it wasn't even a hit. The singer (Belinda?) ended up fronting a later line-up of Daisy Chainsaw.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They sound like an absolute joy.

Thank God for the Reid Brothers.

Yeah man, viva dirty scary rockers in torn black drainpipe jeans, chasing away all the bland commercial pop, or as I prefer to call it, 'pap' music, raaaaaaaawr, PUNK PUNK PUNK!!!
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibex Trounce
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Ibex Trounce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Until their fourth single, that is.
Posts: 1319 | From: helm hard-a-port | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark e
Member # 1218

.. i am so angry i got rid of that Queen B cd single now.
a perfect mp3 for the blog ..

[ 21.02.2007, 16:17: Message edited by: mark e ]

Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They sound like an absolute joy.

Thank God for the Reid Brothers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah man, viva dirty scary rockers in torn black drainpipe jeans, chasing away all the bland commercial pop, or as I prefer to call it, 'pap' music, raaaaaaaawr, PUNK PUNK PUNK!!!

That doesn't sound like the Proclaimers at all.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GIK
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for GIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is our own picture postcard rebellionist angry with me? Ooops.

Seriously I've never heard any of these bands (except H2O - I've got that single), but I really doubt I've missed out on much.

Posts: 5389 | From: Cheshire with Love | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

Not angry, just amused.
GIK
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for GIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair do's.

I have a really low tolerance for shit (my definitions...as well you know) and really I am so grateful that my self imposed Indie as fuck ghetto stopped me hearing so much pish music during my teens, when my low-shit tolerance was fucking massive.

I mean, I've got VH1, I sometimes here these 'Thanks for the 80s' programmes, I know what this shit sounds like, I've no fondness for it.

Especially some bloke wearing FUNKY ASS hotpants.

Posts: 5389 | From: Cheshire with Love | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
VH1, ha ha.

They had it all - fame, fortune and a legion of fans, but as you'll discover now in Behind The Music, away from the platinum-selling success, theirs was a story of heartache, death and tragedy

Fair do's to VH1, they showed AC/DC live from Colchester Uni. '77 and some other reruns of Rock Goes To College.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mark e - cheers for that link, dude.

I've been trying to get a copy of '2000 Years of Trouble' on CD, but the ones on ebay always seem to go for ridiculous prices.

General, the thing is though the kind of pop this thread is about was originally an indiepop aesthetic too.

You know that i'm sure, but I just thought i'd re-state it, 'cause what I hate more than anything in the world is niche music.

Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark e
Member # 1218

mat p.
check your pmssssssss

Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, replied!
Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC