This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Rakish suits (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Rakish suits
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
£170 for a suit???

No wonder I haven't got one.

Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
rakish thin guy jacket
Is there anywhere you get a rakish fat guy jacket?

I fear that if anyone did a venn diagram of beergut and louche, it might prove a crushing disappointment.

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No way - "louche" literally means squint-eyed or blind in one eye, and (more generally) slightly immoral. Loads of fat guys look like that.

To be honest, clothes shopping is one arena in which I have no sympathy for the whining of the larger gent; 99% of clothes in the shops are aimed at them and would make me look like Rodney Trotter heading for a job interview. The only people who've ever sold clothes aimed at thin people, since around Live Aid, have been designers who charge thousands of pounds. Until the advent of sweatshop-fuelled high street menswear shops finally getting wise and ripping of the designers (well, H&M - no one else has really bothered).

Suits are really flattering things for anyone to wear, so of course you can get rakish fat guy jackets, and nice suits in thousands of styles. Unlike the thin, who have to travel the land until we look drawn and pale, searching for anyone who'll cut us some slack(s).

[ 05.12.2005, 19:40: Message edited by: Leo ]

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but louche has come to mean "of questionable morality and given to decadance". And as we all know, decadant and morally questionable behavior is far more satisfying in a well-tailored outfit.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got two words for you: George muthafuckin' Melly.

So louche he wears an eye-patch.

[ 05.12.2005, 19:51: Message edited by: Leo ]

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
one arena in which I have no sympathy for the whining of the larger gent
Ah, the whining of the larger gent. Can there be any sweeter sound.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

It haunts me in my dreams. It's like shrimps being cooked alive.

[ 05.12.2005, 19:56: Message edited by: Leo ]

Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care, you aren't having my phone number.
Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

Body fascist!
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
think Nick Cave, lingering over an Irish coffee and a slim Panatella in a Soho bordello
Every weekday morning when I worked in Chelsea, I saw Nick Cave in the same cafe knocking back a cappucino and sucking the life out of a Silk Cut. He looked at best like a unemployed Channel 4 Commissioning Editor, and, at worst, fecal matter hoisted to the very heavens on a long sliver of wood.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

quote:
No way - "louche" literally means squint-eyed or blind in one eye
All right then, by far my daughter's favourite among my hilarious (for a two-year-old) repertoire of funny faces is my "Fin" Finlayson.

-

Surely I can be in your louche club now. Or were you thinking more along the lines of Ben Turpin?

Not me
Member # 65

More Dick Turpin, really.
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

Ah right, dandy highwaymen and that. I'll admit defeat and buy a kaftan then.
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I see the name H&M I unconsiously wonder if sells 'haute' bondage gear. Not that I've ever wanted to buy bondage gear haute or otherwise.

Best suit I've ever owned cost me £1 from the nearly new shop up Spon Street in Cov.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Linen suit, panama hat, bead of sweat on your forefront. Unfiltered camel in hand, a glass of bourbon in the other, contemplating pensively a typewriter with in the background a rumbling storm coming.

Added bonus would a sultry latin type lady on a bed waiting for me but hey, the first bit will do...

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC