This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Non-religious Bible study in London (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Non-religious Bible study in London
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NMB:
quote:
Woah. So do the good people of Shitsville, Alabama believe his body is, like, still wondering around without his soul? Like a zombie or something?

In essence, yes!

In fact, this is something that Rachael has become quite amused and interested in, recently. There is actually quite a large piss-taking community out there of "Zombie Jesus" devotees. See this link. ...Ooh and this one!

Rachael was also quite amused by this cartoon that I sent her:

-

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Villain
Member # 468

- posted      Profile for Villain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bible, Lego version.

http://www.thebricktestament.com/

Posts: 2049 | From: Croydon init | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Villain
Member # 468

- posted      Profile for Villain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark 12:3
'But the tenants seized the slave and beat him.'

-

Posts: 2049 | From: Croydon init | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent bob
Member # 1476

- posted      Profile for silent bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it was Prophet Muhammad pictured not Jesus there would be people burning Israeli flags all over the world.
Posts: 943 | From: co-hosts of Euro 2012 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fairly certain that all religions have a clause built into them, saying "you will NOT go investigating other religions - to do so is heresy and you will killed horribly if you do ...and suffer for all eternity, too!".

Nah. Buddhists could care less.

But would I be right in thinking that, overall, The Bible doesn't just doesn't make much sense?

"Weed...?

Hash...?

Hash...?

...Weed?

C'mon! You know what they're talking about in there makes much more sense if you're stoned."

Julian from Trailer Park Boys finances his Christmas before Midnight Mass.

[ 06.01.2007, 21:15: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
if it was Prophet Muhammad pictured not Jesus there would be people burning Israeli flags all over the world.
Yeah, stupid Muslims. Good job Christians are smarter than that. After all, what Christian ever persecuted Jews?

[ 07.01.2007, 03:33: Message edited by: Super Sharp Shooter ]

Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Villain
Member # 468

Jesus , what was I thinking. Hey ho Stella etc.

[ 07.01.2007, 19:36: Message edited by: Villain ]

The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What G-man said.

I see some people remain as blissfully, irredeemably, fucking stupid as ever.

Well, one person.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on. We were clearly only messing about.

I actually agree with G Man on this as well. The Bible should be taught pretty much in the same way as the classics are. I.e. mainly at A Level or above.

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You weren't the person.

(smiley)

I slightly agree with you, in that I think the classics should be taught from primary school...

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"When I did an English degree, almost everything we studied which was written before WWII had some biblical reference or other that made no sense to me"

Jesus, that used to piss me off no end. ploughing through pages of theistic conjecture, desperate for some secular morsel to dissect.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's all too obvious who you're talking about but I feel this had been a fairly light hearted thread. (Although blasphemous from your point of view I suppose.)
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S. aureus
Member # 949

- posted      Profile for S. aureus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This reminds me that I've got to dig out a thread in books and thank some people.
Posts: 2324 | From: Pharmageddon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Bible should be taught pretty much in the same way as the classics are. I.e. mainly at A Level or above.
Quite right on the first bit. In fact it's the comparison with classics that's driving me on here- I was reading bits of Milton and understanding the classical references and none of the Biblibal ones, which felt weird.

But post-A level would mean that most people wouldn't do it all, and that's not good enough. Classical civilisation seems to be a popular subject where it's offered for GCSE and I'd like to see more people get the chance.

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that if there were ever to be a religion-related thread on OTF that didn't trigger bickering, it would surely be a sign that the end of days was upon us.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC