This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » At home at work (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: At home at work
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twenty yards away is a curtain, and beyond that curtain life changes immeasurably. This isn't a metaphorical curtain, like the iron curtain. But a real curtain. Made of some sort of heavy duty cloth of some kind.

Beyond that curtain a team of waiters work feverishly to satiate the ever-growing desires of our bloated and spoiled customers. But this side of the curtain, in a place that may as well be a different country, I bask in the glourious and sedate emptiness of my section - the bar.

And so I use the till system to access OTF, occasionally pouring a glass of wine, or polishing a tumbler, or maybe putting a slice of cake on a plate. While beyond that curtain, anarchy and chaos are the King and Queen of this particular restaurant monarchy.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if you can access us here from there, surely we here should be able to order drinks from there.
I mean, fairs fair.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working at home.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I want to do as well, FF, it is all part of my plan. I'm posting away until WSC decides they'll pay me if I stay away. I'm almost there. I'm so close I can smell it.

No, wait, that was something else.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How the fuck can you access the web through your till?
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aha. It's a miracle of technology that not even Maggie Philbin would believe.

Well, it's fair easy actually. It's a windows based system, for stock, cash, and ordering purposes. Close the till programme, and then open My Network Places. And that, Licky my old boy, is how you do it.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things sure have changed since my day, I can tell you.

[ 12.01.2007, 23:46: Message edited by: The_Liquidator ]

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

When was your day, young shaver?
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't shave.
Doesn't need to.

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

About three months in 2004. There were no hiding places back then, slacker.
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Not for you, you humungous lump.
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

I'm trying to carve us out a niche as the new aiatl and toro. But without the side-order of homoeroticism.
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
side-order of homoeroticism.
Side effects of posting on OTF from a restaurant till, #1.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

It's amazing how often people order that.
Spence Broughton
Member # 88

- posted      Profile for Spence Broughton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheesy chips, table 12, please.
Posts: 1161 | From: Ippo again | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC