This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Apple pie and ice cream (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Apple pie and ice cream
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don is of course correct in his opening post. Apple pie pisses all over apple crumble, and the spoon is the correct implement.

However, Mrs Rhino cooks a thing called Eve's Pudding (basically apple and sponge) which is also bloody lovely with ice cream.

I'll tell you what also goes really nicely together: a chunk of ginger cake (heated up in the micro) with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I had to choose, I'd go for crumble over pie. And if my host refused to put all the various possible toppings on, then I'd probably go for custard.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'd go for crumble too, though I very rarely eat desserts other than fruit these days. I'm more of a savoury character.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By 'various possible toppings' you mean what, exactly?

I hope the answer does not contain the words 'marmite', blood pudding or 'chutney'.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha

Cream, ice cream, custard - that's what I was thinking of. Not cheese.

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the difference between a crisp a crumble and a cobbler. Also, I find that apple pie that loses its structural integrity is a lot like a crisp/crumble/cobbler and just as tasty.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

A crisp is what you chaps call "potato chips". A cobbler is a shoemaker. And crumble is the food off the gods.
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the difference between a crisp a crumble and a cobbler.

Back up thread somewhere.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mafu
Member # 1663

- posted      Profile for mafu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
off or of?
Posts: 255 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And crumble is the food off the gods.

Venus rather than Jupiter I hope.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spence Broughton
Member # 88

- posted      Profile for Spence Broughton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had ice cream on pizza last night. It was a risky pudding pizza, because we'd made pizza and still had lots of dough left over. It had peanut butter, banana, blueberry and maple syrup on it and it was utterly delicious if somewhat American-tasting. I fully expect an outcry from the pizza purists, but what can you do.
Posts: 1161 | From: Ippo again | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

Bugger

of

That sounds utterly disgusting, spence.

Spence Broughton
Member # 88

- posted      Profile for Spence Broughton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, as I said. I was sceptical at first, but then I stopped thinking of it as pizza and everything was OK.

Pizza itself - the actual, tomato-and-mozzarella, homemade variety - is the lushest thing in the world, make no mistake.

Posts: 1161 | From: Ippo again | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VTTBoscombe
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for VTTBoscombe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crumble, with apple on it's own or best of all Apple and Blackberry combined.

The best crumble is the one that just under the very top it goes all gooey ot however you spell it.

Pie is very nice too; but is so dependent on how good the pastry came out - crumble is a sure fire hit, very easy thing (ie even I can do it).

(Crumble made with Walnut flour is er interesting)

Ice cream or custard or nowt it is all lovely.
Spoon works best; but if hungry I would a fork, knife, bare hands i'm not fussy.

Posts: 1047 | From: La Côte du Rhin | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that, really, the fruit is just an excuse to have the crumble. I could quite easily have the crumble bit on its own.

That cobbler stuff is wierd. It is like a batter but without the milk.It is almost like a sweet dumpling.

I may have to have a go at one this afternoon except I was planning on making carrot cake.

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC