This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Dinner 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dinner 2
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to have invented a new meal. It's a second dinner. Due to the strange hours I keep, it has become necessary to have a second meal in the evening. The workers in the house eat when they come in, at sevenish. By the time they're in bed, I'm starving again, so am forced to eat a second evening meal. Not supper, because I'm not like that. I suppose, working on the brunch principle the second dinner should be called dickfast, but that'll never take. It's for this reason I've named it Dinner 2.

It's actually causing me to put weight on again. This wont do. I was enjoying looking like a hollow shell of a man. A gaunt and drawn tangible shadow. But hey, at least I'm not hungry.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mafu
Member # 1663

- posted      Profile for mafu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does one actually eat at dinner 2 time?
Posts: 255 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's usually a repeat of dinner 1. Tonight, for example, I'm having left over curry with nan bread.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An endless supply of hot cross buns, if there's any justice in the world.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mafu
Member # 1663

- posted      Profile for mafu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I have to say that sounds more like a second helping than a new meal. But fair play, you stuck your flag in it (not literally i hope) and gave it a name.
Posts: 255 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

We used to stick flags in the steaks at Wetherspoons. We had to.

It's not a second helping. Dinner 1 was a tandoori mixed grill four hours ago. Dinner 2 is curry. And if it were the same meal, how long a gap do you have to leave for it to become a new meal?

The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, leftovers are almost always just leftovers in my book, unless dinner has been leftover until breakfast the next morning (6am at the earliest), in which case it does in fact become a new meal.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You make it sound as though you live in a beehive.

Here is how you should be eating if you don't want to gain weight (according to Paul McKenna):

When you feel hungry, eat something.
Eat what you want to eat, not what you think you should eat.
Eat consciously, chewing each bite slowly so that you can actually taste and enjoy what you're eating.
Stop when you're full. You won't really save any starving children in China if you don't eat everything on your plate.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. That sounds nice in principle. In practice it's a lot of old arse.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I can't seem to do that one where you have to eat slowly. I don't have time for that. He also says you're not supposed to have any distractions while you eat, like TV. I suppose that means eating lunch at my desk while I'm still working on something is a bad thing.

I have no problem with the second one though. Or the first, come to think of it. I'm pretty good about the last one, but sometimes...

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Eat what you want to eat, not what you think you should eat.'

I've been following this advice. Although this meant eating something I know I shouldn't have.

Unfortunately I couldn't fit all the left over bits of Paul McKenna into the freezer, so even though I was full, I had to carry on eating.

Tonight I think I'll just stick to chicken.

Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You won't really save any starving children in China if you don't eat everything on your plate.
While this is probably true, China isn't really the best example of somewhere with a preponderance of starving children. It is, however, a proven fact that if you eat everything on your place you will save starving children in Africa. Especially Darkest Africa, which is near the middle somewhere, I believe.

You can, of course, send any leftovers to Oxfam, where they appear to be served up as lunch in our canteen.

Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC