This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » The Mayoral election for London: an outsider's (interested) view (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Mayoral election for London: an outsider's (interested) view
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's also the fact that the lesson the Tories would draw from a victory for Boris is that unreconstructed right-wing blather can still work if you cloak it in enough buffoonish 'charm'.

The irony is that Ken's gonna likely lose some votes on account of the unpopularity of Brown's mob in Westminster. To be fair to the right of the party though, from what I've seen, they're giving it fairly large for Livingstone at the moment. A reflection in part on Ken's politics these days, of course, but still.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given the make-up of the Tory Party in Parliament, I think they'll inevitably draw that conclusion. If they lose they'll draw the conclusion they weren't openly right wing enough, no doubt. In some ways (Congestion Charge, at least talking about affordable housing, not banging on about families every 5 minutes) Johnson is a wet. Perhaps they'll put up Andrew Rossindell next time.

Still they're out of power and it shouldn't matter what they do.

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC