This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » What Do I Do Now? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What Do I Do Now?
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dalliance, is she, perchance, the britpop star you had a fling with?
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arika
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Arika         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like an interesting story. Do go on.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tsk... I know it's not in my usual character to take a benevolent view of humankind as a whole, but can't a man make a comment as I did without being accused of furtive dalliances ?

How do you remember that stuff anyway, it came up ages ago...

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that a yes?
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it was a Mini Yes.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray O'Vac
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Ray O'Vac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't la Wener, if I remember rightly....
Posts: 401 | From: London on the Bosphorous | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it was Rick Witter, then I don't want to know.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...or even worse, Gaz from Supergrass.

I agree with the general concensus on LW/Sleeper. I can't remember her saying anything much of any great import, either.

I'm pretty much there on the 'she was cute/their music was lousy' ticket, too. God, how unoriginal of me...

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeper's early stuff (OK up to Inbetweener) wasn't as bad (or as commercial).

Her controversial comments seemed to include the fact she wasn't interested in drugs (apart from speed) and she liked Margaret Thatcher. From one occassion when I saw them live, she swore in a way that suggested that she was doing it to shock/sound hard rather than because she did it all the time. A pause followed by an emphasis.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only person here who has fond memories of Louise Wener and Sleeper, and who thinks that the likes of What Do I Do Now, Statuesque and Sale of the Century are fantastic pop singles?

Yes, I think I probably am.

Your loss.

Nope. You're not. Well, apart from Sale of the Century. But then, I also liked Catatonia, who generally come in for the same sort of stick as Sleeper, so my opinion is probably not to be trusted on this one.

And wasn't the dalliance with Marijne of Salad?

[ 01-08-2002, 11:54: Message edited by: Janik ]

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Made up name.
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dutch name i think. dalliance - the king of love! the current lady dalliance is also a redhead is she not? he knows what he wants ... and gets it
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No vlad, you must be colour blind... she is brunette.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
apologies - on reinspection you are indeed correct, though you will concede that the light creates a misleading coppery sheen

edit - also i just noticed there is a new picture of the young nishlord with what appears to be the european cup. what the f*ck?

[ 01-08-2002, 18:42: Message edited by: mad vlad ]

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC