This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » Fever Pitch (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Fever Pitch
Erskine Bridges
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Erskine Bridges     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS You will not like it EIM.
Posts: 911 | From: Near Paisley | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that Fever Pitch was a pretty good book. I think that Arsene Wenger would do well to read it before he goes on about how everything must be subordinated to style. Have never seen the film.

I didn't like high fidelity the book. I thought that the central character was at least nine different kinds of wanker. Such a moany, humourless dour git, who combined such an exciting cocktail of uninteresting and deeply damaging character flaws.

John Cusack saved the Movie, by not being an ugly, middle aged, englishman, and by being John Cusack. (I think that John cusack should get an oscar for reinvention.) He injected humour and life into a character, who by the halfway stage in the book, I didn't care if he lived or died.

I went to see about a boy with suitably low expectations, but for a film based on a Hornby novel, starring Hugh grant, it was pretty good. (I.E. It wasn't shite, and had a few good moments)

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oolon Colluphid LLB
Member # 123

- posted      Profile for Oolon Colluphid LLB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd agree that the film of High Fidelity was definitely an improvement on the novel as it did attempt to make the main character more likable. John Cusack must take some credit for that, especially as he co-wrote the script. The film does however share the problem that the novel has with the female characters being purely 1 dimensional.
Posts: 3194 | From: a Distance' is a rubbish song | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC