This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Books » OTF Book Taste Knockout (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: OTF Book Taste Knockout
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.

And I never vote in these things as I prefer not to queer the pitch for my own bid for superstardom ("That bastard didn't vote for me, he ain't getting my vote!")

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who're Mr Grundy's friends, Rot?
Lynn Truss would make hay with that one.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, forgot about this.

No, it doesn't really rankle. It actually made me laugh. It must be horrible being you.

Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, when are we going to meet to discuss our strategy for stitching this one up? It's not what you know, it's who you know.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll enter, as long as we can have a couple of days' warning to get our lists together. (I haven't been following the other knockout threads - is that how they work?)

Judging by past form on One Touch Books (my liking Alaisdair Gray, B.S. Johnson and James Joyce being met with a mixture of apathy and revulsion) I expect a thorough drubbing from the "dun't make sense" brigade.

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Member # 1137

- posted      Profile for John Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"No, it doesn't really rankle. It actually made me laugh. It must be horrible being you."

Maybe so.

But at least my sole purpose in life isn't to play stooge to Spearmint Rhino.

Posts: 952 | From: Hell To Victory | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then what is it?
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Member # 1137

- posted      Profile for John Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
So you see everyone's role in life to play stooge to yourself.

I always knew you had a big ego SR ...

Posts: 952 | From: Hell To Victory | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm just wondering what the point of you is.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

Spearmint Rhino: militant vegetarian child-averse with Commie sympathies.

Purves Grundy: vehemently anti-Soviet father of two who jugs his own hares.

Stop this stooge business, Purves. It's becoming almost sinister.

Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.

Not necessarily for the jugging, but it has a nice gamey flavor. Can ye buy down the Borough market, Wicky?

Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gyp
Member # 963

- posted      Profile for gyp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm probably going to struggle, but I might as well have a crack. Count me in.
Posts: 439 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right. Last day for entries. I'll post the draw tomorrow. Same rules as the music knockout.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for World Cup Willie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in. I'm out of the music knockout anyway.
Posts: 1562 | From: the axis of pain-pleasure to the arc of desire | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Errr. Where are the rules for the music knockout?
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC