This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Great footballers never to appear at the World Cup (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Great footballers never to appear at the World Cup
RobW
Member # 1522

- posted      Profile for RobW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
David Ginola
The thread is about Great Players.
Posts: 1196 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Eric Cantona was the first name on the list, I'm only joining in the fun.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Allan Simonsen go on as long as the 1986 World Cup? I don't think he did. If not, he should definitely be on the list - in the starting XI, in fact.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly Rogin.
Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

Why TG, I'm flattered. It's true I've been cruelly overlooked for World cup selection so far.
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jari Litmanen.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many uncapped players have gone to the World Cup? By uncapped, I mean never in their entire career, rather than making their debuts.

I can only think of one: John Elsworthy of Wales in 1958.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From an Irish perspective there is John Giles and Liam Brady standing out along with a whole host of others
You think they stand out beyond George Best?
Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defensive-minded
Member # 493

- posted      Profile for Defensive-minded     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony Yeboah
Posts: 972 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defensive-minded
Member # 493

- posted      Profile for Defensive-minded     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Bum-Kun Cha ever play in the World Cup?
Posts: 972 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neville Southall

Gigi Meroni La Farfalla Granata

Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to say Litmanen.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jimmy Greaves. Or did he play a couple of group games?
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

Cha Bum-Kun played in 1986, yes, and his son Cha Doo-Rei played in 2002.
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

Jimmy Greaves played in the first 3 games in '66, yes. He also played in 4 games in 1962, including the quarter-final.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC