This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » dunga

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dunga
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is he really on the board of QPR
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
come on, i'm sure i heard/read this somwehere.

or i may be losing it

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

In fact it was his casting vote that ousted the last director.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, it's true. From Wiki:

quote:
Dunga is currently a part owner/serves on the Board of Directors of Queens Park Rangers (QPR) Football Club, who play in the English Championship. (Dunga was the deciding vote in the September 2005 QPR Board Meeting which saw then-Chairman, Bill Power "ousted.")

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The use of the word "ousted" in the last two posts is entirely coincidental.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

it says on that he turned down the brazil coaching job.

did he say 'no, its my dream to be in charge of those super hoops'

Arno Heinz Granitza
Member # 1379

- posted      Profile for Arno Heinz Granitza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The second question is why is he on the board? Or, why does he want to be on the board?

[ 17.06.2006, 20:11: Message edited by: Arno Heinz Granitza ]

Posts: 209 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is exactly the question R's fans have been asking for the last year. I believe I'm correct in saying he's attended two directors meetings one of which was the "ouster" mentioned above which he flew in for specifically. He gave an anodyne interview about three months ago to the club's PR department which said less than nothing otherwise he's been invisible. Like a lot of things at Loftus Road at present it's all very mysterious. Fan speculation is that he's part of the shadowy 'Monaco Consortium' which is rumoured to bankrolling Gino Paladini's chairmanship but, like I said no one seems to really know. Be nice if he pulled on shirt to show his commitment, he could probably still do the business better than most the crop of no-talents wearing hoops at the moment.

[ 18.06.2006, 01:50: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

quote:
which is rumoured to bankrolling Gino Paladini's chairmanship
isnt he qpr's argentinian left back?
UK Apache
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for UK Apache     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No that's Gino Padula now at Notts Forest (i think).

There is a court case on about the goings-on in the QPR boardroom, but none of it is being reported 'cos of reporting restrictions

People that have been to court have said its fascinating - A couple of people are writing books about it

Posts: 223 | From: The sunny streets of Harlesden | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My error, that should be Gianni Paladini; who in all kinds of ways is having trouble making a positive impression with the club's supporters:

QPR Schedule - and Then Cancel - Game vs Milton Keynes Dons ("Wimbledon") after original Brentford Game Cancelled

Gianni Paladini would like to make the following statement, after making the decision to cancel the game against MK Dons on July 15.

"After several phonecalls and threats from our own supporters, I have decided not to go ahead with the game.
"I was extremely embarrassed at having to call the club secretary at MK Dons after he had done all he could to arrange a fixture on a day where we struggled to find any opposition.
"We were tremendously grateful to MK Dons for having initially agreed to play the fixture after Brentford cancelled the original game due to be played on July 18.
"Had that cancellation not have arisen, this whole situation would have been avoided.
"After Brentford pulled out, QPR re-contacted ALL Premiership and Football League clubs within a two hour travelling distance, yet MK Dons were the only club who answered our request.
"QPR apologises to everyone at MK Dons who pulled out all the stops to arrange a fixture at such short notice and also to all our fans that were willing to travel to the MK Dons fixture and were looking forward to visiting a new ground."

Gianni Paladini

The trial is in the hands of the jury so there'll be more concrete info on the boardroom follies in the next week or so.

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

blimey

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC