This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Italy vs France (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: Italy vs France
Nuts 'n Gum
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for Nuts 'n Gum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if France wear their white kit they will have only have worn their Home shirt once correct ? (against Togo). That's some feat!

[ 06.07.2006, 12:00: Message edited by: Nuts 'N Lahm ]

Posts: 1220 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twice (Switzerland as well).
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuts 'n Gum
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for Nuts 'n Gum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeh you're right, i thught switzerland were wearing their home kit.
Still though, it's surely a record in knockout stages?

Posts: 1220 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting to know that Italy's 11 goals have come from 10 different goal scorers...The squad is choker full with scoring options really...

Italy normally unearth one forward in each tournament on whom they depend almost exclusively for goals (Rossi in 1982, Altobelli in 1986, Schillaci in 1990, Baggio in 1994, Vieri in 1998 and 2002). It's been a very different story this year.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mats balja arvidsson
Member # 1253

- posted      Profile for mats balja arvidsson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First final in 20 years with both teams scoring? Unfortunately, I do not think so. Italy 1-0.
Posts: 511 | From: the cold bench | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Growing up, I always cringed when announcers said "There's never been a single shutout in World Cup history !" Because even then I knew deep down in my 9-year-old heart that wasn't going to last.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Interesting to know that Italy's 11 goals have come from 10 different goal scorers...The squad is choker full with scoring options really...

Italy normally unearth one forward in each tournament on whom they depend almost exclusively for goals (Rossi in 1982, Altobelli in 1986, Schillaci in 1990, Baggio in 1994, Vieri in 1998 and 2002). It's been a very different story this year.

Perhaps it's because Italy doesn't have any great strikers today, they have to score by commitee, much like France had to in 98.

Italy is less dangerous today than in 2000. France will win this Cup fairly easily, Portugal will have been the main obstacle to the title.

[ 06.07.2006, 20:00: Message edited by: linus ]

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A certain Roy was spotted about Cork today, sporting an azzura jersey. Anti-Vieira Brigade?

[ 07.07.2006, 21:27: Message edited by: bryannavaro ]

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuts 'n Gum
Member # 1397

I can't see how anyone can say France are favourites over Italy, their defence has conceded just one goal all tournament, and France haven't looked like scoring that much in the tournament so far really? (bearing in mind the second goal against Spain was from a free kick and the third was when spain were upfield looking for an equaliser).
could be a stalemate, but i think it'll go to extra time, at 1-1, with france stunning everyone and winning in extra time with a goal by trezeguet again.

Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Italy 2 (Pirlo, Gallas og) France 1 (Ribery)
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Italy is less dangerous today than in 2000. France will win this Cup fairly easily, Portugal will have been the main obstacle to the title.

I seem to remember that Italy's striker in 2000 was Marco Delvecchio.

I am a more dangerous striker than Marco Delvecchio.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A certain Roy was spotted about Cork today, sporting an azzura jersey. Anti-Vieira Brigade?

he is also sporting a gerry adams grey and black beard. He was at a guidedogs for the blind thingy and it was just on the news.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember that Italy's striker in 2000 was Marco Delvecchio.

It was Inzaghi for most of the tournament. Delvecchio's only start of the competition was in the final.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
he is also sporting a gerry adams grey and black beard.
Sorry, but this has called to mind an image of Roy Keane in a ludicrously obvious false beard, like the women at the stoning in The Life of Brian.

I hope that his next public appearance is in a Groucho Marx glasses-nose-'tache combo.

Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Le jour de gloire est presqu'arrive.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC