This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Italy vs France (Page 33)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: Italy vs France
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is he really? Lippi, I mean?
Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure there must be a closet catholic gay on the French team, Calderoli should be more inclusive
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An interesting birthday present for a tifoso...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ad hoc, it's true about Grosso. But you can take comfort from the likliehood that Palermo will be playing Champions League football, plus you got Guidolin back.

Calderoli is an idiot even by Italian political standards. He was the one who set off riots that killed people in Libya by proudly displaying a t-shirt with the Danish Mohammed cartoons on television. He also described the new election law as an "effing mess" notwithstanding the fact that he was listed as its primary draftsman. He is so bad that Berlusconi actually formally disowned his actions.

Cannon, Toni also had a half chance from a play involving Totti and Pirlo on the edge of the box that was sent for a corner by Thuram's sliding tackle (can I please say again that Lilian really should end his career at Barca?).

Bombanero, wrong Eurofly. Try this.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alderoli, ex-minister of the Lega, has apparently said that Italy deserved to win because France had sold its identity by fielding "negroes, Muslims and Communists."

Probably the biggest reason I'm at peace with Italia winning is the fact that Puma is the shirt sponsors, and Puma has made a huge effort at sponsoring and promoting African football. As far as "Negroes, Muslims, and Communists;" Puma - the company sponsoring Italy - has sponsored 5 African teams, 2 of which are mostly Muslim, and one of which (Angola) was Marxist and won their Civil War with the help of Cuba and Soviet Union against the CIA and Apartheid-era South Africa.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Puma plays a big part in sponsoring African football because all the big European and South American teams are taken by Nike and adidas. It's like saying they're promoting Swiss football, when they were just the biggest team they could get.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, apart from the World Champions Italy, that is
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Puma started a charity called United for Africa, and put out an album called Africa Plays On... which features various artists from around sub-Saharan Africa. So I give them respect for that.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rojinegro
Member # 857

- posted      Profile for Rojinegro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw Italy-Ghana, I thought Grosso was crap. Little did we know that he would seal the semi and final for the Azzurri.
Posts: 354 | From: Somewhere quite hot | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

And the round of 16.

I'd never heard of him before (which probably says more about me), but he had quite a tournament.

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grosso was one of the Palermo defenders that certain people on here dismissed as being weak nobodies who guaranteed certain elimination for the Azzurri when Lippi named his squad.

He certainly raised the level of his game in the knockout stages, but he was a big part of Palermo's promotion and subsequent qualification for Europe, had been a regular member of Lippi's teams for some time and was a sure thing to move to a "big" club before the tournament started. Inter saved themselves several million euro by signing him then, which Moratti will no doubt blow on Recoba or another striker.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yeah, what happend to those weak and feeble Serie A defenders and midfielders....? <grin>
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you want to win the world cup it certainly helps to have a squad that hasn't played a competitive match in 6 months.
Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, how long have we had TG and AIATL pronouncing how weak and shit Andrea Pirlo is. That pass for Grosso in the semi-finals had more class than all of the Premiership super athletic drones they hold so dear managed in the entire tournament combined.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bombanero, be fair, Juventus did also have to play Arsenal twice last season.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC