This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Italy vs France (Page 34)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: Italy vs France
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people really ought to take a closer look to what they are handed from the crowd...

(Ovbiously some will say he knew what he was doing...)

-

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, my heart sank a bit when I saw that this morning. You can certainly understand why they didn't see it, though.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does that banner translate as?
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't the banner (which says "Proud to be Italians") but the small Celtic Cross in the lower right corner put there by the idiots who made it (and are "in the house").
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buffon clearly wants to be in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or Duran Duran.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or the Bad Seeds
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or the Nazi Keith Richards
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Ale wants to be Freddie Mercury.

(this was during We Are the Champions)

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

This is getting increasingly surreal:

1) Blatter told Repubblica this morning that FIFA may revoke Zizou's Golden Ball. (he also told the Gazzetta that the Italy-Ghana was the best game of the tournament from a technical, athletic and sporting point of view);

2) The BerlinerZeitung (a Berlin tab) is advancing a theory whereby FIFA's anti-racism rules can be used to disqualify Italy after the fact (it being assumed for their purposes that Materazzi's insult was racist) and give the title to Germany (or force a playoff between Germany and France)

3) A French lawyer is threatening to sue FIFA to force a replay because he claims that the fourth official "illegally" consulted video evidence (in the form of the replay on the Jumbotron) before he advised the ref that Zidane had committed the headbutt, thereby rendering the expulsion (and the result) null and void.

gialloblu
Member # 1211

- posted      Profile for gialloblu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
2) The BerlinerZeitung (a Berlin tab) is advancing a theory whereby FIFA's anti-racism rules can be used to disqualify Italy after the fact (it being assumed for their purposes that Materazzi's insult was racist) and give the title to Germany (or force a playoff between Germany and France)
If the Altavista babelfish which is responsible for translating German into Italian ever crosses the Bavarian border someone should make sure that it ends up like Bruno the bear.
Posts: 393 | From: where parents call their kids Kevin-Prince | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Gialloblu, do you have a link to the original? BZ is blocked by our firewall because they have an "erotik" section.
gialloblu
Member # 1211

- posted      Profile for gialloblu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the link, ursus.

Basically it just says that Materazzi admitted making an unspecified insult towards Zidane. Then the BZ explains that, if evidence is found, Italy might be stripped of its title under the new article 55 of the FIFA rules.

The full article - as printed in today's issue of the BZ - will be online as a PDF tomorrow. So there might be a bit more than what one can read now under that link.

On the other hand the most sensational bit of news (the part about giving the title to Germany / a playoff match Germany vs France) would have been all over any media in Germany today if the Springer-owned BZ had printed anything like that.

Posts: 393 | From: where parents call their kids Kevin-Prince | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Ach so. Du hast recht. Entschuldigen.

The Gazzetta seems to have gotten a bit beyond themselves. They also described the scenario as one out of "science fiction". As I said originally, the whole thing is getting a bit surreal.

I also didn't know that Springer owned BZ, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what the fuck the BZ's playing at. But if the owner wants the WM to go to another country, how about his own?

Monty got a raw deal.

[ 12.07.2006, 19:25: Message edited by: Duncan Gardner etc ]

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC