This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Anti-Portugal Brigade (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Anti-Portugal Brigade
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was never ABE, it was The AEB, so now it's time for the Anti-Portugal Brigade.

Join me, my brothers.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I don't like 'em. I don't think they'll beat France anyway.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JerryFranc
Member # 1584

- posted      Profile for JerryFranc         Edit/Delete Post 
i'd root for them v. Italy -- usually i go for a team that's never one the cup but they are hard to find any favor for
Posts: 265 | From: u.s. southwest | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't support any team that had that little shit Ronaldo playing for them (unless he signed for Oxford, of course, which is, I think, unlikely).
Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a fan of Portugal. But then I don't believe Portugal actually exists either.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can be anti-them all you like, but please, not on the basis of today's game (except as sour grapes):

- Portugal - 10 fouls comitted to England's 21;
- Portugal - 0 red cards to one highly deserved for a fat turd who will never grow up;
- Portugal - can't remember them feignng injury, Terry, yes, near the end of normal time to waste some minutes;
- Portugal - superior in just about every position, except perhaps Ashley Cole v Nuno Valente;

And they're the underdogs from now on. C'mon - swallow those sour grapes and get behind them!

Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid my mind was already made up during the Holland game. The poverty of the Portuguese football today dovetailed nicely with the spiteful gamesmanship of the match before. No problems with Portugal as an entity, but if this team is clasping the trophy next Sunday I think it says far worse things about football than the Greek win two years ago.
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
have you guys never been to lisbon? stunning! the most laid back, beautiful, historically significant city with so much to do and full of people of all races. its the city bareclona thinks it is

its one of the last major european cities i have been to, but it knocks the socks off every where with the exception of istanbul, kiev and moscow

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they are diving cnuts mind
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think its possible for me to feel more apathetic to a team than I do to Portugal. It is truly strange.
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This team: of course. For the sake of football.

The country: of course not. I mean, the distinction is pretty obvious, but there it is anyway.

Besides, it's harder to hate people if you don't have a proper derogatory term for them. "Dirty Portie bastards"? Doesn't quite work.

Allez les Bleus.

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Tee Rex, it's "Dirty Portu-Geezers".

This was being belted out in my local this afternoon (mostly at Cristiano Ronaldo, and judging by the fact that people I know to be Man United fans seemed to be the most vociferous against him, he'd best not even bother coming back to fill in his Seller's Questionnaire on his house).

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Portugal are top of the disciplinary league (more cards than amyone else) and showed a dearth of creativity today that doesn't deserve to be in the semi-finals.

On top of that, I like Italy and France, and I can't think of a bad word to say about this Germany side.

So, sign me up.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I should specify that I have no feelings either way on the country, or the people, except for the players.

Except for Ricardo. God, Ricardo's awesome. I still get a tingly feeling when I think of him saving Vassell's penalty with his bare hands and then taking the winning penalty himself in 2004. I liked Portugal during 2004, but this Portugal have offered little attractive football, and committed the serious act of looking more negative and pedestrian against England.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Max Payne.
Member # 1428

- posted      Profile for Max Payne.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Portuguese team are in no way ambassadors of their people. A cynical, cheating, anti-football team. How could we have countenanced approaching Scolari?

As for Ronaldo, I hope the metrosexual cheating tosser gets what is coming to him before Madrid buy him. He's finished in this country. Van Nistelrooy is vindicated and will stay. Ronaldo can get off the fucking planet.

An Argentine ref for an England game? Give The USA an Iraqi ref with the same logic. Ridiculous. I hope the tabloids publish his phone number like that other twat.

Yeah, you can count me in the APB, but grudgingly. I can only muster sympathy for Germany in the last 4. France are tossers, Italy cheated to get past Australia and Germany paid FIFA for this world cup.

Posts: 958 | From: Exeter, NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC