This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Anti-Portugal Brigade (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Anti-Portugal Brigade
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's one of the most unhinged posts I've read in a while.

I hope the tabloids publish his phone number like that other twat.

I'm assuming you are either joking or are very, very drunk indeed.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A cynical, cheating, anti-football team.
Demonstrably not the case, but anyhoo ... once some people get an idea in their head, there's no shifting it, is there?
Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's only one team that springs to mind when thinking about "anti-football" and this World Cup, and it's not Portugal.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm ... you're thinking ... ?
Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps not anti-football, but surely "cynical" and "cheating" doesn't take a great leap of the imagination.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're all f*cking maniacs.

Dearth of creativity ? Is that a f'ing joke ? Where was the f*cking ball the entire game ? Not in England's half, but in their half of their half. Metrosexual Cristiano Ronaldo ? Who invented that whole concept...oh yeah...the crybaby with his feet up on the bench.

" A cynical, cheating, anti-football team. How could we have countenanced approaching Scolari?"

ANTI-FOOTBALL TEAM ? The same team who knocked it around with one touch passes for 90 minutes ? The team with more stepovers and moves than someone walking over a minefield ?

How could you have "countenanced" approach Scolari ? Fucking hell, "COUNT" his fucking championships, that's how.

Losers. You deserve to lose EVERY TIME.

LOSERS.

(Mind you, I'm in love with this French team as well, but this Portugal team is absolutely brilliant.)

Maniacs.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't watch the first half, but to me England looked far more dangerous in the second half, and even after Rooney went off. What chances Portugal seemed to have came from Robinson being shakier than Muhammad Ali sitting on top of a pile of jello in an earthquake simulator.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

That's a fun analogy, Inca ... only it doesn't hold water, really - Robinson saved England on various occasions, and only lost out compared to Ricardo in the penalties.
Inca
Member # 675

I saw Robinson dangerously knock down a lot of shots, and hesitate when coming out for crosses.
dances with sheep
Member # 486

- posted      Profile for dances with sheep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Driving home from work last night, all the talk on the radio was that England had been cheated by those dirty foreigners, especially that little ponce Ronaldo. I was amazed at how innocuous Ronaldo's role in the whole affair was when I finally saw the highlights this morning. He didn't run over to get involved, he was already in the general vicinity. There was no imaginary card. He doesn't scream in the referee's face. Then gets shoved by the snarling Wazza for his troubles. Nothing terribly worthy of the Alpay like witch hunt.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly how I saw it too Dances. It was difficult to see, at the time, what the red card was for, but in the cold light of day and all the replays, it's much clearer.

Ronaldo can be a nasty bit of work at times but in this instance, he didn't do anything wrong.

Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dances with sheep
Member # 486

- posted      Profile for dances with sheep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. I am still not 100 % conviced it was a deliberate stamp from Rooney, having said all that.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think it was.

But those are exactly the situations at close quarters where Rooney is likely to get caught out and his aggression in those circumastances can easily be a liability.

By shoving Ronaldo (who is very unpopular anyway) he made it easy for the ref to send him off.

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
se3_uk
Member # 1152

- posted      Profile for se3_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You can be anti-them all you like, but please, not on the basis of today's game
I lost respect for them after the Holland match. It was one of the most cynical World Cup displays I've ever seen - from both teams.

Against England they weren't particularly cynical, merely mediocre. Playing against ten men for an hour, the so-called 'Brazil of Europe' couldn't break them down. Sweden, hell even Trinidad, gave the England defence more problems.

The only thing they have in common with Brazil is the language. They're the worst team in the semis by a street. I hope they get thumped by France - and then lose the match too.

Posts: 1579 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dances with sheep
Member # 486

Was that Rooney's first red card for England ? If so, it's been a long time coming.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC