This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Anti-Portugal Brigade (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Anti-Portugal Brigade
edie
Member # 1259

- posted      Profile for edie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, how can you hate the nation that gave us Jose Mourinho and Ronaldo?

I hope the Ronaldo thing blows over though, it's rather undignified. And he's way down on the list of reasons why we went out.

Posts: 276 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mudhsuden
Member # 1072

- posted      Profile for Mighty Mudhsuden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I hate Portugal. My reason(s) are perhaps best summed up in this eloquent quote from an NTFC message board:

"wot a fucking cunt ronaldo is. i fucking hate the fucking twat. i wish him pain, i wish him suffering and i hope horrible things happen to the cunt"

Posts: 2061 | From: Hackensack... is that all you get for your money? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Dirty Portie bastards"? Doesn't quite work
Maybe up Drumcree or Garvaghy way...

I'm supporting them as the underdog (I'll be watching the match, if at all, on TV on a Eurostar train through la belle France). But they are certainly negative, and against the Dutch ill-disciplined.

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
An Argentine ref for an England game? Give The USA an Iraqi ref with the same logic. Ridiculous. I hope the tabloids publish his phone number like that other twat.
I think the Argentine referee disproves your theory (which I hope and suspect was purely stated for reasons of parody). He got the three major ta;king points -- the red card, the penalty appeal and the Carragher penalty -- spot on, and in general handled the game very competently indeed. AS might an Iraqi ref handle a USA game competently.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wingco said something similar in parody. I actually think MP's G might have been serious.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aavv
Member # 1173

- posted      Profile for aavv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Portugal are top of the disciplinary league (more cards than amyone else) and showed a dearth of creativity today that doesn't deserve to be in the semi-finals.

The match against Holland was the first Portugal didn't finish with 11 men since the 2002 WC. Last night they commited an ex-aequo WC record of 6 -six- fouls during the first 90 minutes. That Holland game was really a one out.

Would England be worthier semi-finalists for managing to hold up a Portuguese team depleted of its attacking mastermind with 9 -sometimes 10- men behind the ball for an hour?

Posts: 229 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's worth remembering that the Mexico Portugal game ended up with about 8 yellow cards despite it being a pretty even tempered game. It was over enthusiastic refereeing, that one.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've disliked team Portugal ever since the 2000 Euro semifinal, but since the Holland game I abhor them. They are a disgrace to the sport and a blemish to this tournament.
Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You people are all fucking mentalists. Portugal are ace, and if it weren't for the fact that they have Cristiano Ronaldo (who I dislike for being a preening waster, and for no other reason) they would be my complete favourites. As it is, I am also tempted by France (minus Patrick Vieira)
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd agree they were useless against England, though, andy? They were bloody lucky it was England they were playing (if that makes any sense).
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh aye. They need Deco, badly. The two games they have played wiuthout him in this tournament they've been rubbish in. They could use a striker too.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HORN
Member # 204

- posted      Profile for HORN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: the penalties. If the referee's asistant can grasp the complexities of the offside rule, how come he can't spot the keeper coming off his line before the ball is struck?
Posts: 2404 | From: Sgeti | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the ABI brigade has suffered a few resignations and waverers after the semi - are there going to be more defections here? What would it take?

A Henry dive, waved away and punished by a series of perfect passes leading to a counter-attack goal is my minimum requirement.

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
portugal are an excellent team who play beautiful football. i think they're the best passing side left in the tournament.

incredible that people are judging them on that freak game against van basten's thugs. the dutch thought they could bully them, kicked one of their best players out of the game in the first half. were the portuguese intimidated? were they fuck. they fought back with a vengeance and dumped those sorry motherfuckers back on the polder slagheap they came from. it was fucking glorious.

without deco they got dragged down to england's level in the quarter-final, but they were still by far the better team. maybe they lost attacking ambition as the game wore on, but who could blame anyone for settling for penalties against england? it was the intelligent thing to do.

i think they've got a good chance against the now over-confident french and i will be throwing the curse of my passionate support firmly behind portugal for the rest of the tournament.

(the fact that i have 10 on them to win at 22/1 is purely incidental)

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously agree, Grande Garcia.

Good luck with that bet.

I don't know of a game that I've been so anxious to see. It's one of those that I play in my mind a 100 different ways and none of them may happen. I love both teams playing tomorrow, and will cheer for whoever wins. But it will break my heart that one of them won't get a shot at Italy. (It's one of those times that it would be great if the World Cup was a titlebelt like boxing. Italy v France, winner takes on Portugal, winner takes on Germany, etc.)

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC