This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Goals of the tournament (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Goals of the tournament
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, there could be one in the 3rd place game or the final, but why let that stop us? We have a few days to kill...

1. Rodriguez - Arg v. Mex
2. Cambiasso - Arg v. S&M
3. Grosso - Ita v. Ger
4. Cole - Eng v. Swe
5. Lahm - Ger v. Crc
6. Juninho - Bra v. Jpn
7. Frings - Ger v. Crc
8. Al Jaber - KSA v. Tun
9. Torres - Spa v. Tun (though only for Fabregas' assist)
10. Ribery - Fra v. Spa

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mats balja arvidsson
Member # 1253

- posted      Profile for mats balja arvidsson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2000. Allbäck v England.
Posts: 511 | From: the cold bench | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there wasn't a World Cup in...

oh, i see.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuts 'n Gum
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for Nuts 'n Gum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha, how unsurprising that you left off Tomas Rosicky's effort against the USA.
there's a goal of the tournament video on bbc site, which has some of the above mentioned, plus Rosicky's and Kone's wonder goal against Netherlands.

my favourites:
7)Villa (Spain v France)
6) Cole - England Sweden
5) Frings-Ger v Costa Rica
4) Kone-Netherlands v CIV
3) Rosicky-Cze v USA
2) Cambiasso-Arg v S and M
1) Rodriguez Arg v Mexico

Posts: 1220 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blameless
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for blameless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
14. Carlos Tevez vs Serbia
13. Harry Kewell vs Croatia
12. Alessandro Del Piero vs Germany
11. Tomas Rosicky (II) vs USA
10. Bakary Kone vs Holland
9. Gianluca Zambrotta vs Ukraine (crap keeper, but still an amazing run)
8. Tomas Rosicky (I) vs USA
7. Joe Cole vs Sweden
6. Franck Ribery vs Spain
5. Philipp Lahm vs Costa Rica
4. Fabio Grosso vs Germany
3. Zinedine Zidane vs Spain
2. Esteban Cambiasso vs Serbia
1. Maxi Rodriguez vs Mexico

[ 06.07.2006, 16:24: Message edited by: blameless ]

Posts: 3576 | From: a factually and morally wrong perspective | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also left off Dempsey against Ghana. There have been some absolute golazos this tournament--I completely forgot about Kone! Top five fer sure.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosa arancione calda
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for cosa arancione calda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really understand the fuss over Cole's goal. It was one of those smack-it-and-see shots that we can all pull off once in a while. Not a patch skill-wise on, for example, Kaka's curler against Croatia.

Grosso's wins it for me, though, for the unanticipated perceptiveness and incisiveness of Pirlo's pass, for the instinctiveness of Grosso's shot and for the occasion - a goal as beautiful as that to win a game as brilliant as that was just the bollocks.

Posts: 645 | From: High on a hill looking down | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. maxi rodriguez v mexico
2. esteban cambiasso v serbia
3. bakary kone v holland
4. fernando torres v ukraine
5. joe cole v sweden
6. kaka v croatia
7. philippe lahm v costa rica
8. fabio grosso v germany
9. franck ribery v spain
10. zinedine zidane v spain

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's difficult. There have been a deluge of brilliant goals in the tournament. Not bad for the worst tournament ev.....zzzzzzzzzzz. Quality, not quantity. Dickheads.

Best individual (as in "TWAT! Did you see that?", etc. etc.)

1) Rodriguez - Arg v Mex
2) Cole - Eng v Swe (who, according to one person I no longer speak football to, "shinned it")
3) Kaka - Bra v Cro
4) Frings - Ger v Crc
5) Grosso - Ita v Ger

Best team (As in "Brolin...Dahlin...Brolin...Dahlin...BrolIIIIIINNNNN!!!!!")

1) Cambiasso - Arg v S&M
2) Zinho - Mex v Iran
3) Ze Roberto - Bra v Gha (Cambiasso's Mini-Me goal)
4) Del Piero - Ita v Ger (most of the credit goes to Del Piero's 50-yard run after starting the move)
5) Torres - Spa v Ukr
6) Larsson - Swe v Eng (although this team is the England defence)

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blameless
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for blameless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kaka's goal was nice too. As was Frings'. And the Torres one that Cesc set up.

For a tournament being decried as crap, there's been a hell of a lot of great goals scored, hasn't there?

edit: I see we are of a like mind here, Mr.K. I'd have classified Grosso's goal as a 'team' one though - Pirlo's glorious reverse pass was just as good as the finish.

[ 06.07.2006, 16:38: Message edited by: blameless ]

Posts: 3576 | From: a factually and morally wrong perspective | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I don't really understand the fuss over Cole's goal. It was one of those smack-it-and-see shots that we can all pull off once in a while."

Disagree. You can see by the way he looked towards the far post before he chested the ball that he was thinking of it, and the connection with the ball was perfect to get the outside swerve on it. To say it was a hoof and hope is really not appreciating the quality of that goal.

If there's an opportunity to stop praise for joe Cole I'd take it, but it's impossible to for that goal.

"Grosso's wins it for me, though, for the unanticipated perceptiveness and incisiveness of Pirlo's pass, for the instinctiveness of Grosso's shot and for the occasion - a goal as beautiful as that to win a game as brilliant as that was just the bollocks."

That, and the fact he was about 120 degrees away from facing the goal when he hit it first time. I mean, that takes more skill than you can imagine.

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

blameless - see my above extra thing on Grosso's goal, which makes it, for me, an individual.

And I'm probably doing it an injustice at 5 on that list. 2 to 5 are very, very difficult to rank.

cosa arancione calda
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for cosa arancione calda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To say it was a hoof and hope is really not appreciating the quality of that goal.

Oh, undoubtedly. It's just I can picture, say, Shefki Kuqi doing it on a good day.

Posts: 645 | From: High on a hill looking down | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Frings' goal. the way its still moving across him when he hits it. yum.

You can see a good selection here on the BBC, as mentioned above.

Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice to hear Motson and Pearce's commentary on the goals transmitted live by ITV. although Cambiasso's effort is ruined by McCarthy's verbal fart at the end.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC