This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Goals of the tournament (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Goals of the tournament
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Germany's goal against Argentina, because at the time it happened I was thinking "I just don't see how Germany can possibly score," even though I was watching it on replay and knew the result. Then all of a sudden - equalizer. Brilliant.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny. I said three seconds before that goal went in that Germany need to get another striker on before it's too late.
Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blameless
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for blameless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BBC goal of the tournament competition is a joke. Ten goals, only one of which (Maxi vs Mexico) was from the knock-out stages. Meanwhile, Gerrard's "beat a half-hearted challenge and stick the ball in the corner" vs T&T, and Deco's "don't beat anybody and stick the ball in the corner" vs Iran inexplicably make the list.

I guess the Beeb must have slept through the whole of France vs Spain and Italy vs Germany then.

Posts: 3576 | From: a factually and morally wrong perspective | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Grosso vs Germany
2. Rodriguez vs Mexico
3. Cambiasso vs S 'n' M
4. Maniche vs Nederland
5. Klose vs Argentina

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My choices

1 Cambiasso, Argentina v Serbia
2 Torres, Spain v Ukraine
3 Grosso, Italy v Germany
4 Rodriguez, Argentina v Mexico
5 Cole, England v Sweden

And overall so far (one point for #10 up to 10 points for #1, two joint third places get 7.5 points apiece)

Rodriguez 65.5
Cambiasso 63.5
Grosso 37.5
Cole 35.5

[ 09.07.2006, 13:31: Message edited by: Don Cannavaro di Garda ]

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BBC goal of the tournament competition is a joke. Ten goals, only one of which (Maxi vs Mexico) was from the knock-out stages. Meanwhile, Gerrard's "beat a half-hearted challenge and stick the ball in the corner" vs T&T, and Deco's "don't beat anybody and stick the ball in the corner" vs Iran inexplicably make the list.

I guess the Beeb must have slept through the whole of France vs Spain and Italy vs Germany then.

It makes me wonder whether the goals were selected before the semis and possibly even the quarters were played.
Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuts 'n Gum
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for Nuts 'n Gum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know-I'd say only possibly the Grosso goal deserves to be in the top 10 since the second round, and then it wouldn't get into my top 5.
Posts: 1220 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Pig Climber's 2nd goal last night would now make it into my top ten, but you are right that there really haven't been many "great" goals since the group stages.
Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there haven't been that many goals since the group stage full stop. Excluding the 3rd place playoffs, this is the lowest scoring last sixteen since the format was introduced.

They'd have to score 7 goals tonight to match 1990

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By my reckonings, the knockout total has been identical to four years ago in terms of goal count (ie, both produced 24 goals).
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, undoubtedly. It's just I can picture, say, Shefki Kuqi doing it on a good day.
You must have a very good imagination.
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

Oi!

Shefki Kuqi, in amongst spooning easy chances wide and over the bar, scored some absolute crackers for us.

(Ipswich) Town fans are still divided as to whether he was a giant genius or a bulky buffoon.

Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, Shefki scored a few stunners (all from that side of the pitch) for Ipswich. I'll root one out if I can.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please do. I can't remember any for Wednesday (not that that means a lot, what with my memory these days).
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotliegendes
Member # 1542

- posted      Profile for Rotliegendes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Cambiasso (v Serbia & Montenegro) - one of those orgasmic moments
2. Rosicky (v USA) - "Pick that one out."
3. Frings (v Costa Rica) - Ditto
4. Sami Al Jaber (v Tunisia) - I can tell my future grandchildren that "I was there."

Maxi Rodriguez´s goal v Mexico was basically shoddy defending. Defender was nowhere near him. Terrible.

Posts: 170 | From: The vineyard of dreams | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC