This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Goals of the tournament (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Goals of the tournament
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Pig Climber's 2nd goal last night would now make it into my top ten, but you are right that there really haven't been many "great" goals since the group stages.
I preferred the first, with the knuckling of the ball, and Ricardo having it completely covered, then it just moving past his hand. But both of his goals were lessened for me by me shouting at Petit to fucking step up and challenge his man.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Rodriguez hit was stunning but I still prefer the Cambiasso goal because I think if you replicated the starting positions of each of those moves 100 times, Rodriguez would manage a scoring volley like that maybe 2 or 3 times. I think it would be near impossible to replicate the 9 man pass and move genius of the team goal how ever many times you tried.

Can I just add in a mention for some headed goals I haven't seen on this thread. Ayala's header against Germany was exceptional. By the time he made contact he was nearly full length despite being barged and jostled and having the alter his position as the ball was travelling in mid air.

Materazzi's leap and sustain in the air last night was exceptional. The sheer accuracy of his group stage header was very worthy too.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm tempted to give Torres' goal vs Ukraine the nod as team goal of the tournament ahead of Cambiasso's effort. teasing an inter defence with 24 passes is one thing, but the Spanniards simply punched a hole right through the Ukraine midfield.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shoddy defense? It wouldn't have mattered, his back was to the goal and he could have whipped that around any defender.

That was a great goal because my first thought when I saw that he was going to try to hit it out of the air was "Oh, what the fuck is he thinking just cranking...oh by fucking lord he has SCORED!!" I love it when goals just come out of nowhere like that.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spence Broughton
Member # 88

- posted      Profile for Spence Broughton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The second goal here is a pretty good hit from Shefki. (sound alert)
Posts: 1161 | From: Ippo again | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S. aureus
Member # 949

- posted      Profile for S. aureus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me, or is the video running a little slow on that Kuqi video?

World Cup goals:

1. Grosso (Ita v Ger)
2. Rodriguez (Arg v Mex)
3. Cambiasso (Arg v S&M)
4. Del Pierro (Ita v Ger)
5. Lahm (Ger v CR)

Grosso and Maxi pip the rest because they were great goals that saw their team advance in injury time.
Cambiasso's goal was probably my favourite, but I put lower because it was in the group stages and not essential to Argentina's advancing.
Lahm gets fifth (over several other worthy candidates) in part because it started the tournament on such a sweet note.

Posts: 2324 | From: Pharmageddon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1 Cambiasso (Arg v S&M)
2 Grosso (Italy v Germany)
3 Torres (Spain v Ukraine)
4 Rodriguez (Argentina v Mexico)
5 Kone (Ivory Coast v Holland)
6 Maniche (Portugal v Holland)
7 Cole (England v Sweden)
8 Pirlo (Italy v Ghana)
9 Kader (Togo v South Korea)
10 Lahm (Germany v Costa Rica)

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how bizarre. in my last post i meant to write something like "teasing a lacklustre defence with 24 passes is one thing", or "teasing an insipid defence with 24 passes is one thing". instead it came out "teasing an inter defence with 24 passes is one thing." what word was i fishing around for, i wonder? and could any text editor really be so uncannily predictive?
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Spenzo. The second one is good, I'll grant you that.

One of our many ex-managers always used to say about Kuqi (I think it might have been Turner) that "he'll run through brick walls for you", which I guess could be an advantage or a disadvantage. Quite handy if you're planning a bank job though.

Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was Terry Yorath that said 'I can't help it if my centre forward's head is shaped like a television' after a particularly wasteful display from the Prizren Panther. Legend has it he once cleared the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki with a penalty(after snatching the ball from the recognised taker). I've not seen any footage though.

[ 12.07.2006, 09:08: Message edited by: Bomb A Nero ]

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC