This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Zidone (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Zidone
Lipper
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for Lipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gone! What a way to retire, and just as I was reflecting on just how I rather liked him. Way to blow a reputation with the very last act of a fine career.
Posts: 500 | From: a funeral to a night on the town, without even going home to change. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually laughed when it first happened. I feel guilty now. Pair of big girls' blouses.
Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Say No To Vorderman
Member # 1534

- posted      Profile for Just Say No To Vorderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne Rooney commits a red card foul, Ronaldo and other Portugese players protest to the referee but do not brandish imaginary cards. english media turns Ronaldo into the devil incarnate and ALL criticism is directed at the Ronaldo.

contrast with....Zidane commits red card foul, Italian players go crazy , Bufon runs across the field to protest even..english media direct ALL criticism toward ZZ and not so much as a mention of Italian players pestering the ref...

[ 09.07.2006, 23:49: Message edited by: Lomaldo ]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JerryFranc
Member # 1584

- posted      Profile for JerryFranc         Edit/Delete Post 
who clued the ref in that zidane clocked him and should send him off? did he see the replay on the jumbotron? did the linesmen help him in? did he get word from above?
Posts: 265 | From: u.s. southwest | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ref clearly saw the Rooney incident and didn't need his atttention drawing towards it. He clearly didn't see tonights one. And what Zidane did was utterly outrageous and clearly intentional. The Italian players were quite restrained about it, in my view.
Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think the pestering made any difference, Lomo? The way I saw it, the fourth official ended up making an important call (which is another debate for another day, of course).

As I saw it, the ref ignored the protests until his fellow officials intervened. Your mileage may vary.

Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in order to be a great player you have to have done something very controversial at the world cup.

zidane has sealed his place in the history books.

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nutter.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, won a WC final, lost a WC final, left a WC in disgrace...He might get a sympathy call from a certain chubby genius tomorrow...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JerryFranc
Member # 1584

unlike many of the others, it was certainly a red card that no one can dispute - right in the sternum, clearly covered on replay

materazzi didn't see it coming

Posts: 265 | From: u.s. southwest | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[ 10.07.2006, 00:29: Message edited by: TonTon ]

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JerryFranc
Member # 1584

ow....ow.....ow......ow
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
who clued the ref in that zidane clocked him and should send him off? did he see the replay on the jumbotron?
BBC report says that the replay wasn't shown inside the stadium, so a big sense of disbelief among the crowd int he stands.

I'm still gutted. I had a big party with people over at my apartment, not all of whom were watching the game closely. But when we saw the replay, none of us could believe it. I saw the ref turn away from the linesman and reach for the arsekartje, or whatever it is in German. I knew then, and my heart sank.

I feel like the kid seeing Shoeless Joe Jackson after the Black Sox scandle. Say it ain't so, Zizou. I'm just disappointed. Pissed off, yes, angry and bitter, but most of all, just saddened.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None of the controversial desicions were replayed on the big screen in the stadium in the matches I went to. Even if the ref had obviously got it right. Or own goals, for that matter...
I suspect some of the crowd, many of whom were booing both the ref and the Italians after the incident (I guess because they thought it was a dive, not having seen it), will be feeling a bit embarassed about that when they catch a replay on TV.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC