This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Zidone (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Zidone
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Visionario- Materazzi is definitely in Dallas. More precisely; in the library, with the candlestick.

MM, images of Zidane swearing at the ref? You mean with a comic-style bubble/text?

I did read the Corriere article, btw.

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have been watching football since age 8 (at the Parc des Princes mostly, France and PSG)
Have you been facing the right way at any stage ?
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
linus, he is standing on a beach in Florida. He might be pissing into little children's ice-cream and trample their sand castles. But he is not shooting Kennedy.

There is no evidence whatsoever anywhere anyhow at all that Materazzi is a racist. There never was but in the fertile imagination of rumour mongers.

You might have felt justified at the time to believe these malicious and unfounded rumours because of the kind of player Materazzi is. But for goodness sake, how can you still defend that position knowing he is innocent of what you accused him of?

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How could you have read that article considering you do not read/speak Italian...?
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edie
Member # 1259

- posted      Profile for edie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Read it - didn't understand it. As before.

"Raymond Domenech was a thuggish footballer, breaking the leg of an opponent in his first pro game"

I read this was a myth, encouraged by RD to give him a <cough> tough image.

"Italians always act like this," he told AFP. "It is a shame to say that, but when they feel they are being dominated they try to provoke you. "I accept when the adversary wins with honour, but that is not the case. We know Zizou, he doesn't react like that, people can't react like that, but he has been insulted. "I think it was very grave. When you play against people like that you want to kick their ass. It is cheating, but they are Italians."

So Gallas didn't say any of that?

Posts: 276 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was put right about this on saturday, I was a bit unsure as I read a post in a cursory glance on a French forum about this but could not tell if the info was serious. But yeah, what kind of screwed up, sick individual claims to have broken a fellow pro leg in order to get a rep as a though man...

Gallas probably said a few things in the heat of the moment but the way the Sun portrayed it, just like they headlined with an exclusive that Materazzi did racially abuse Zidane, was bollocks. As it usually is with the tabs...

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edie
Member # 1259

- posted      Profile for edie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to AP, he also said this at a press conference about the Portuguese "You have to be attentive with them because ... they like to dive, so it depends on the referee," "We will need to concentrate 100 percent. They try to destabilize their opponents. We saw that with Rooney. I hope there will not be too many low blows. Football remains a sport."

This is a fella who never says anything in England, but is often outspoken to the French media. But a lot of French players are like that, for obvious reasons.

About Zidane, what I never understand is why racism is elevated above all other abuse to the extent that it's assumed it would have been more of an acceptable excuse for headbutting than abuse of your family.

A couple of people can make racial comments and it's headline news, whereas thousands can call someone a paedophile and it's not even worthy of a mention.

[ 24.07.2006, 13:59: Message edited by: edie ]

Posts: 276 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

Fair comment Edie, I'll be more upsed to hear death wished upon my family than being called a Swiss cunt and the likes...

Those comments by Gallas make him sound like an angrier Ian Wright, down to the xenophobic stereotyping...But obviously, according to Linus, it's the Corriere which is racist for their usage of that picture...<rolling eyes>

edie
Member # 1259

Both forms of abuse are terrible, but I agree paedo type insults are worse if anything. If Wenger did a Cantona or a Zidane, there'd be hundreds of articles written about why didn't we protect this poor man from this vile abuse before. But because he's a gent and doesn't complain about it, it's wrongly tolerated. One of the few things he doesn't complain about to be fair. (Joking....)

[ 24.07.2006, 14:09: Message edited by: edie ]

Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's because everyone has a family, but not everyone is in an ethnic minority. If someone said something about my mum, I'd simply say "you don't know my mum".
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"You have to be attentive with them because ... they like to dive, so it depends on the referee," "We will need to concentrate 100 percent. They try to destabilize their opponents. We saw that with Rooney. I hope there will not be too many low blows. Football remains a sport."

That's a standard Premiership manager's pre-match press conference isn't it? Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger and the like are always saying things like that to influence the referee.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dumb animal must have said something sizest to him.
Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, so that explains the long face...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MM - non difficile da capire con francese e spagnolo. Vivo sulla frontiera italiana un mese l'annualmente...
Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

Well, you're the one who said you could not speak Italian chap...I agree it's pretty easy to get the gist of an article, I can do that with Spanish stuff but you might miss up on some nuances and subtilities a speaker would understand.
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC