This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Zidone (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Zidone
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kirschner supposedly played for Racing Club.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lipper
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for Lipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it vastly amusing that one of the shortest posts I've ever put up here, that started one of the very few threads I've ever started here, turns out to be my first century thread, and then goes on to become my first quadruple century thread. Most of the things I post tend to be rather longer, and occasionally a bit more rambling, or less succinct, and failing to quite come to the point, if you like longer definitions of how things could be made shorter.

That's me. I either have a great deal to say about something, or nothing at all, and rarely veer between the two poles. I'd intended nothing more than a rumination on Zidane and what it must feel like for him, knowing that he's coming to the end of not just the final moments of a storied career, but also to the end of the only way of life he's ever known. I would have gone on (possibly at length) in that initial vein, too, but as I went about it, he took the very head that I was speculating would be swirling with all of these emotions and slammed it into Matterazzzi's chest. Already having what I thought (for my theme) a very handy thread title, I cut myself vastly short, added my reply, and beat the rush to the thread dedicated to what has already become an iconic moment in football, and will surely grow further still in stature in the collective memory with the passing of time. Mind you, I didn't bother having too much more to do with the thread afterwards beyond another post or two, as it went a touch haywire, what with all the Van Pelting.

So, thanks to all who contributed, and perhaps I'll try another short post soon.

[Edited for drunk-ass typing holes. And mistakes of making sentences nice.]

[ 25.08.2006, 09:38: Message edited by: Lipper ]

Posts: 500 | From: a funeral to a night on the town, without even going home to change. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/ff48ee4c-2dbd-11db-93ad-0000779e2340.html

This looks interesting as a study of the strengths and flaws of the great man... could be worth looking out for

[ 25.08.2006, 09:57: Message edited by: loose_cannon ]

Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The iron most certainly seems to be hot...WE MUST STRIKE !
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC