This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Zidone (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Zidone
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been full of speculation on the Beeb and self-righteous outrage but no evidence whatsoever.

Amongst the bluster last night on French forums, I noticed a post pointing out that a Spanish tv channel thought the insult was "son of a bitch", based on some lip-reading. I could not see bugger all myself the angle is bad.

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monty
Member # 613

- posted      Profile for Monty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have thought that the the snide and cowardly nipple twisting would be enough to make him lose it, with or without the baiting.

I think this is another example for the video thread. Materazzi should be properly punished for that (as opposed to ZZ's Glasgae version).

Posts: 1111 | From: some computer or other | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matterazzi was being hung out to dry on 5 live this morning.
It went from "maybe he said something racist"
to "he racially abused him" to "he should have been sent off to." Hilarious. Innocent until proven, anyone?
The whole premise "We're not saying Matterazzi did say something racist, but if he did, is that ok" was utterly laughable. Radio 5 is becoming a fucking joke.

As for Zizou getting red mist? My arse it was. It was a pre-meditated attack. Red mist would have seen him headbutt Matterazzi in the face. Then there would have been blood.
In the chest, he gets the attack in, but leaves no evidence. Violent, sneaky fucker.

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, as Janik says on the Italy - France thread, arise Sir Zinedine, winner of the Golden Boot/Shoe.

The special Adidas presentation should be interesting.

[ 10.07.2006, 10:58: Message edited by: statto99 ]

Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilywhite
Member # 1346

- posted      Profile for lilywhite         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what triggered Zidane's reaction?
Posts: 8 | From: in the channel islands | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilywhite
Member # 1346

....sorry just read few posts.......is he claiming it was racism?
Posts: 8 | From: in the channel islands | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To state the obvious, whatever Materazzi said, a player should not rise to the bait and engage in violent conduct. It is therefore utterly irrelevant what (if anything) Materazzi said.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilywhite
Member # 1346

I completely agree G Man - but just wondering is all....
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love it if it turned out to be a really childish insult such as "Oi Zizou, you smell of poo!"
Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent bob
Member # 1476

- posted      Profile for silent bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all this racist/terrorist stuff is bullshit.
it is obvious that Matterazzi said to Zizou:
`you play like Rasiak`.
Spurs fans will know who am I talking about.

Posts: 943 | From: co-hosts of Euro 2012 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dad texted me to say, in all seriousness and pomposity, "He's let himself, his team-mates and his country down, most of all he has let the game down."

I replied "And his school? What about his school?"

I can just about buy the idea of letting his team-mates down, but even then, he'd given everything he had for 117 draining minutes. If he'd stuck around for penalties, he'd probably have scored his, but Trezeguet would still have missed. No change to the outcome.

And I'm sorry, but it does make a difference what Materazzi said. If it was a racist comment - which goes beyond the supposedly acceptably 'part-and-parcel' kind of wind-up - then I, for one, applaud Zidane for sticking one on him. Don't you?

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nd his school? What about his school?"

Only Harry kewell can do something like that. don't forget his parish, his street, and the dead generations that came before.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And what about the Baby Jesus?
Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is nipple-twisting "cowardly"?

[ 10.07.2006, 11:43: Message edited by: TonTon ]

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
God has turned his back on kewell a long time ago.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC