This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Sick Italy Groupies (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Sick Italy Groupies
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dalliance, I'm with you in this debate, but accusing Colm of being a liar, as you do, goes beyond robust jousting.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who accused him of being a liar ?
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, "ape" is a fairly common insult in Italian (though it is usually more "monkey" than ape), as is "animal", and I would not be terribly surprised to hear a hard core Milanista bitter over their "unjust" exclusion from European competition use either or both when it comes to Materazzi.

That said, his general popularity here at this point is summed up well by the fact that Valentino Rossi, the single most universally loved and respected figure in the entire country, chose to put on a Materazzi shirt when he won the German Moto GP yesterday.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your post was did all but say that aiatl was lying about his conversation with an Italian, dalliance. You dressed it up as incredulity, but the effect is the same as if you had just written: "Liar!". And you know it.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not necesaarily. He could be implying that AIATL is mentally ill.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or that people's vocabulary in Ireland is limited, and weak and feeble.

It wouldn't have happenned in Cork, let me tell you.

Did Rossi put the Materazzi shirt on because 46 is divisible by 23?

[ 17.07.2006, 12:25: Message edited by: Il Visionario Tecnico ]

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or because it was an Italian shirt, handed to him by someone from the crowd?
Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was very much on purpose, Rossi is an Interista and he got the shirt directly from Materazzi.

Vale is famous for his elaborately choreographed celebrations; when he won his 7th World Championship last year, he posed on the track with the Seven Dwarfs.

[ 17.07.2006, 12:48: Message edited by: ursus arctos ]

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a small world isn't it. With all the billions of people on the planet, what's the chances of an Irishman bumping into an Italian who boasts not only an identical viewpoint, but also an identical style of forcefully communicating it, especially considering English will be a second language for him.

yep, there I was sitting on Belgianjohnny's balcony, enjoying a nice pizza, and some salami and cheese and some wine, when their italian neighbour was letting himself into his flat, and we had a bit of a chat.

and how unlikely is it to find an Italian who thinks that Materazzi is an ape, and an animal. I mean lets assume for the sake of estimation, that 20% of italians are inter fans.

That's 80% of all italian football fans that think that materazzi is a violent ape right there. and then you'll have at least half of all inter fans sickened by his calculated assaults on people, combined with his inability to defend very well, so we'll leave it at the entire italian population minus maybe half of the Inter fans.

I mean even the italian in the chipper on the corner is an inter fan who thinks that materazzi is a thuggish goon, and he's from milan. though he would prefer if materazzi was committing those violent acts just a little further away from the penalty area and stop doing things like This

anyhow, here's a clip for you materazzi fans. He tries to cut muntari in half and it doesnt work out quite as he Planned

check out kaka's reaction

[ 17.07.2006, 13:15: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
when he won his 7th World Championship last year, he posed on the track with the Seven Dwarfs.

Dear, oh dear!

The Seven Dwarfs (Dwarves?) though, not any seven old small chappies. They must be knocking on a bit by now.

[ 17.07.2006, 13:24: Message edited by: Nocturnal Submission ]

Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've got bills to pay too you know.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they only get a little pension.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Toys R Us Stadium
Member # 1306

- posted      Profile for The Toys R Us Stadium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's never nice to find yourself a little short.
Posts: 74 | From: Hove, actually. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your post was did all but say that aiatl was lying about his conversation with an Italian, dalliance. You dressed it up as incredulity, but the effect is the same as if you had just written: "Liar!". And you know it.
I'm sure that AIATL appreciates having you on his shoulder all the time as his guardian angel G-Man, but as he isn't shy about saying when he's pissed off then if he wants to take issue with anything I've typed then I'll take up the matter with him directly thank you very much.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

It's not about you, aiatl or my guardianangelship, dalliance. It's about the standards of discourse here. But it does appear that your otherwise impeccable behaviour seems to slip a notch or two when you respond to aiatl.
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC