This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Dallas ? Burn !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dallas ? Burn !
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hislop to FC Dallas

quote:
"I am very excited about joining FC Dallas at a time when they are leading the Western Conference," he said. "They are a very exciting club, a club with a fantastic roster that is surrounded by people with a tremendous soccer history. It's a new and exciting challenge and it comes at a great time in my career."
Eh ? Fantastic roster ? Tremendous soccer history ? A great time in his career ?
Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We know from his stints on Have I Got News For You that he hasn't got a clue about football.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much history, but you can't argue about the roster.

[ 11.07.2006, 15:16: Message edited by: Incadenza ]

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Farbastard, Hugh missed the hilarity of the early days of MLS when the Burn played the Kansas City Wiz.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that was so painful there was a Mutiny in Tampa.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It...") "If it's not gonorrhea, it's the Burn!"
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well you have to hand it to them. I've never seen a more hopeful/utopian team name.

Dallass Burn ? Hopefully during my lifetime.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JerryFranc
Member # 1584

- posted      Profile for JerryFranc         Edit/Delete Post 
ever been to Big D? an appropriate nickname if there ever was one. NASL - Dallas Tornado - another one that fit the area
Posts: 265 | From: u.s. southwest | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he meant that the people in the club have a great history in the game, not the club per se.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC