This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » kilnsman quits (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: kilnsman quits
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so say SSN

i guess i have spelt his name wrong. what is it again?

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Klinsmann.

He's decided not to extend his contract.

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
has to be good news from an irish perspective
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, first John Hartson retires and now this. Irish qualification is as good as sealed.
Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, the Swiss are not in their group...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, the Swiss are not in their group...

I was going to say something like "Good luck against the Portuguese/ Ukrainians/ Dutch/ Spanish, you fucking fucks" until I realised that Switzerland are hosting the thing.

Klinsi is obviously well aware that the magic he worked was a short-term affair, and that now is a great time to run for the hills while his reputation is still high. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the job in, say, a decade's time, though.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a canny move: he's always known how to quit while he's winning.

He did a very good job with a limited team. Although they rode their luck, Germany were about the only team at this World Cup that played to their full potential. Without the momentum of being the host country, things could only go downhill. Klinsi's well off out of it.

Word is that Löw is a shoo-in as successor, and that's fair enough, but I wonder if he's got the force of character to stand up to Beckenbauer, Hoeness and co. when things get rough during the qualifiers.

Really, there's only one man who could do the job as I'd like to see it done:

-

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't tempt the Gods.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't tempt the Gods? I'm furiously slaughtering chickens as we speak.
Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It must be a real shame for the Germans, I thought he really turned the job around and stopped getting so much stick.

The German team seemed to have a great spirit at the WC and I had put alot of that down to Jurgen.

Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gialloblu
Member # 1211

- posted      Profile for gialloblu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthäus' chances of getting the Germany job are as good as Ron Greenwood's chances of getting the England job again.

In the worst case Matthias Sammer, who has held the yet undefined job of "sports director" at the German FA for some months, will be Germany's new manager. However, Klinsmann's former assistant Jogi Löw (who apparently was the one who thought up line-ups, team tactics etc.) is widely expected to be the future manager, assisted by current U21 coach Dieter Eilts. Eilts has got a similar footballing philosophy and he was recommended as a future assistant by Klinsmann, when, about a month ago, he was purely speculating about possible successors in a newspaper interview.

Today's most original reason why Klinsmann is leaving can be found in the Kölner Express. According to the tabloid Klinsi has quit because he and his family are worried about the unhealthy amount of cosmic radiation that passengers are subjected to when they commute from California to Germany.

Posts: 393 | From: where parents call their kids Kevin-Prince | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has nobody considered John Gregory?
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Klinsmann to announce his signing for the US job in two days.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its been said before, but if he has a sense of humour he would then relocate back to germany
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the headquarters of the US Association? I'm guessing it's on the East Coast, so he'd still be doing a fair commute.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC