This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » kilnsman quits (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: kilnsman quits
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a bloke called Klein-Uwe who went to school with Dieter Eilts in whatever East Frisian village it was that he grew up in. This thing was, he looked exactly like Eilts, except he was only about five-foot four. Even now, I imagine everyone in that village looking exactly the same only in different sizes, a bit like the Dalton gang in Lucky Luke, or in that Aphex twin video.
Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't they ask Hitzfeld? Couldn't hurt
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
he looked exactly like Eilts
Most people up there do.
It's a bit like Gateshead.

Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ad hoc, the federation is currently based in Chicago, but the national team has often trained in California (as well as in Colorado).

In any case, I think that they would be willing to move to Catalina Island if Klinsi asked them to.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very smart, and totally unsuprisingly desicion by Klinsmann.
He could make the commuting from California thing work when his side was only playing friendlies, so he didn't really need to worry about heavily scouting the opposition, just concentrating on using the week he had to work with his own guys in formations and tactics. and if it happened that they lost the match at the end of the week, well it didn't matter. You just can't work like that in qualifiers, teams have to be picked to win now, and win ugly if that's the neccesary style. You've just got to be a hell of a lot more engaged. So he would have had to move back to Germany...

Also, he leaves on a high note. Not a completely succesful note, but still a very positive one. All the old disagreements and problems would have come back the instant, say, a match in Cardiff was lost and he would have then looked like he had been forced out.

As to the next coach, it has to be Loew. Germany have a together squad with great team spirit at the moment. As much continuity as possible is the best way. So appoint Matthäus, please...

btw, when discussing Germany/Ireland/Wales, one musn't forget the top seeds in the group. Karel Bruckner has signed a new two-year deal as Czech coach. Poborsky has retired from internaitonal football, and will play one last club season. No news yet on Nedved, Koller and Smicer, though I'm expecting all but Koller to retire from internationals, and in Nedved's case probably from football altogether.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SRD
Member # 56

- posted      Profile for SRD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Eilts has got a similar footballing philosophy"

Ironic, given that he was about the most negative footballer ever.

Posts: 609 | From: Kettering, UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent bob
Member # 1476

- posted      Profile for silent bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they can have Lippi now that he quits his italian job.
Posts: 943 | From: co-hosts of Euro 2012 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent bob
Member # 1476

- posted      Profile for silent bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so Löw it is.

meanwhile Wim Rijsbergen out of 74 Oranje team has been chosen as new coach of soca boys.

[ 12.07.2006, 12:26: Message edited by: bob sorin ]

Posts: 943 | From: co-hosts of Euro 2012 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who are the soca boys?
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent bob
Member # 1476

Trinidad & Tobago
macocha europy
Member # 31

Wasn't that "warriors"?
silent bob
Member # 1476

hold on I`ll call Leo Beenhaker he`ll know.
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is Soca Warriors.

And I have fond memories of Rijsbergen from his time at the Cosmos.

Bob, what is the local reaction to Beenhaker? As I mentioned before, I think he could be just what the White Eagles need (other than new players).

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent bob
Member # 1476

fans are pretty enthusiastic that`s what we wanted, if it wasn`t for the public opinion Janas would probably stay.

media are also quite friendly, but lets wait for his first defeat in a competitive match and they will turn their backs on him.

however what worries me is that most of influential ex-players and ex-coaches are against Leo`s appointment. Boniek, Lato among others expressed strong doubts if a foreign coach is what our football needs. Shame Zibi Boniek wasn`t so clever when he was national coach - he resigned after 5 games.
It was actually quite funny when Leo was officially appointed yesterday in front of cameras. In the background members of some supervising super important coaching body (ex-national coaches: Piechniczek, Janas, Engel and co) were grinding their teeth with envy.

In my opinion having Leo Beenhaker as a coach now is the best solution. He won`t be involved in any rotten compromises, he won`t listen to those all-knowing ex-coaches who did win fuck all during their careers.

On the other hand I can`t help feeling that real problems of polish football lie somewhere else. The youth training system is out of date by light years. We simply don`t have enough decent football grounds. I can go on for hours.....

[ 12.07.2006, 14:53: Message edited by: bob sorin ]

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Zibi is too busy being a pundit for Italian TV and raising (and driving) harness racing horses.

The team has underachieved for too long and needs a new approach. Let's hope he gets some good results in the early qualifiers for Euro 2008. 6 points from the home matches against Finland and Serbia in September should buy him some time.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC