This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » kilnsman quits (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: kilnsman quits
silent bob
Member # 1476

- posted      Profile for silent bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zibi probably doesn`t sleep at all because apart from being a pundit for italian TV he also appears constanly on polish tv and is busy rebuilding his Widzew Łódź team.

They were recently promoted back to Division one. More interestingly he did a clever trick last year. Widzew finished last in polish top division 2 years ago but their debts were so huge that they were to be sent straight to the bottom league tier.

But Zibi in one clever movement got rid of the debts but kept his second division place by creating a new football company.
At first they were deducted 10 points but then Boniek had a chat with local FA and said sth like: Come on we are famous Widzew you can`t do it, we made history of polish football once we defeated Juve and Man City.
The FA said: that`s ok but you have to repay the debt of at least have some kind of a sensible agreement with the creditors (mostly state tax and social security institutions).
Zibi and his lawyers had a ready answer for this: come on that`s not us, it`s the previous, the old Widzew, we didn`t create those debts, leave us alone.

Guess what happened? They weren`t deducted a single point and finished first in the second division last season. is it possible anywhere else?

quote:
The team has underachieved for too long
I guess there are countries who would like to have two straight World Cup participations.
But those two WC have been truly disastrous.

Posts: 943 | From: co-hosts of Euro 2012 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it possible anywhere else?

Oh yes. In Italy, for example. When Fiorentina were simply skipped through Serie C1, on the basis of their football heritage, despite being a one-season old club formed after the old one had folded as it couldn't pay it's debts.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Janik, you beat me to it. Though I will point out that the "sporting heritage" exemption has been revoked (and that the only reason Fiorentina were even in the frame was because the nutjob who owned Catania (before evading indictment by fleeing to the Dominican Republic) had won a court case mandating the expansion of Serie B to let them back in after an "administrative relegation"). And since I am a laywer, I will also point out that as written it applied to cities, not individual clubs. It still is something that most rational Fiorentina supporters are not proud of.

Administrative relegations are a relatively new idea outside of Germany, and there are in my opinion an execellent innovation. French clubs, for instance, used to go bust with some regularity, only to reemerge with a new name, new owners and a series of very upset creditors.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Used to happen here, as Bristol City and Middlesbrough will testify to. There was a concerted effort by various trade associations to compel the football bodies to change their policies to forbid this in the 1980s, such were the rightful howls of stiffed creditors.

The one in Italy is called Lodo Petrucci, isn't it? Seems to be a not unreasonable idea badly implemented and so working to the opposite ends for which it was initially created.

As for admin relegations, bring it on. It's the only language they understand.

Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Guess what happened? They weren`t deducted a single point and finished first in the second division last season. is it possible anywhere else?
Basically the same thing happened in the Irish League Division 2 last term, albeit on a smaller scale. Crusaders don't have an owner/ frontman with quite the cachet of Zibi Boniek, but close links with the Ulster Defence Association are probably the next best thing...
Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC