This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » Panorama (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Panorama
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else watch the "shocking" revelations that English football fans are, on the whole, a peaceful bunch yet there is a yobbish element in their midst who are willing to have a fight if they're i) pissed enough and/or ii) in a large enough group
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that huddersfield youth lot were scary
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was a welcome corrective to the fallacious nonsense that England fans were brilliant; that only works if you lower your threshold of brilliance to 'highly cunty, but we'd didn't destroy everything in sight'.
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1823743,00.html

Marques Garcia De Pombol to thread . . .

[ 03.08.2006, 02:13: Message edited by: Model Citizen ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perryman has been saying the same for a while now, he really is the most convinced proponent of the "a few hundred thugs" spoiling it for all the salt of the earth types following England. Good bloke but blind to a rather more gruesome reality of thousands of people who are not thugs but a right pain in the arse nonetheless.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carkiss
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Carkiss         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Twenty years later, when Maradona's hand sealed victory over us at the World Cup, there were virtually no black or Asian fans bothered by the team's exit. Today inner-city England has fans of every colour wearing England shirts
He's very true with this comment. I was watching England v Paraguay at Canary Wharf (before a group of West Ham and Millwall fans trashed the gaff) and the number of local Asians wearing England tops with "Rooney" (who is probably the nearest thing to most people's physical embodiment of a white trash "chav") on the back was very much notable, even more so as it was only a few days after the Forest Gate incident.
Posts: 3683 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like Perryman's an ex-commie with a mental block on slagging off people who might be seen as the proles!
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

I thought this was closer the mark
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found the whole programme really depressing. At least with McLaren at the helm we won't be qualifying for any major tournaments for a while.
Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the last things said on the documentary was "the only way to stop hooliganism is to get every man in the country aged between 14 and 40, and cut their arms and legs off".

Yeah, because every young and middle aged man in England are thugs who can't handle booze or embrace other countries and culture, aren't we? Tool.

Nothing shocking in this documentary, or at least nothing that we didn't already know. Just because you take away the known hooligans doesn't mean there's plankton ready to replace them. And it doesn't matter how many warnings you give these people. They'll still sing songs such as "My Grandad Killed Your Grandad" to Germans, no matter how welcoming they've been to them.

The only surprising thing is the fact that this violence wasn't reported in such a widespread manner that demands for England to be banned from international football rear their head again.

And, despite all my positive experiences travelling with England, it seems I must have been walking around with my eyes closed all the time and that I only supported them during a purple patch of behaviour.

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The general reaction on the main cyber-hoolie board, ITK, is one of disdain, embarassement and mockery of the tools shown last night.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cunts calling cunts cunts?

Cunts.

[ 03.08.2006, 11:12: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

Aside from wondering why on earth anyone who wasn't a copper would spend minutes spent on knuckle-dragging hoolie board, what was their problem with the people depicted?
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

Actually, I was slightly mesmerised by that "former" Everton hooligan (the one who suggested the limb-chopping solution).

He was one of the strangest looking people I've ever seen. His head was a perfect red sphere, with mad staring eyes stuck on either side, but it was his mouth that intrigued me. It was tiny and had no lips. It was the mouth of a slug. I half-expected him to munch on a piece of lettuce at the end of every daft sentence.

Member # 19

Nathan, I regularly surf on ITK, it can be mesmerising in its own perverse way at times. Police do not waste anytime there, 95% are cyber hoolies who never threw a punch in anger...

Anyhow, they were mainly seen as a bunch of thick beered up bullies who were an embarassement to England's rep in that particular field. Hoolies have that "code of conduct" and they like to think the best ones stick to it. Every single documentary shown about them quite clearly hihlights what a load of shite that is....

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC