This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World Cup » The End (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The End
redseaped
Member # 100

- posted      Profile for redseaped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And that, as they say, was that.
Posts: 185 | From: the very very young to the very very old, everbody now say aye | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rory Bunk
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Rory Bunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That? I thought there'd be more fanfare.
Posts: 972 | From: The Oort cloud | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This forum's had more false endings than Lord of the Rings 3.

Insert your smutty "finish too early" joke here.

Insert your smutty joke about "insert" here.

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rory Bunk
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Rory Bunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to think of this thread as that lame bit at the end where Sam's gone the family way and we poignantly know that the man-love they threatened will never be allowed to blossom. So Westwards, Frodo.
Shit, might still be too early.

Posts: 972 | From: The Oort cloud | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Hugs wife, kisses kids and retreats into Teletubby-like property. Slowly closes door. The End. Cue wimpy title song and marathon-like end credits)
Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ethan watches as the World Cup threads go back into the homestead, his job done. He turns holding his arm and walks away as the door closes behind him.
Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lipper
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for Lipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably is too early, if the drunken types from North America get home from the bar and still have a chance to throw up random bullshit here, as I have just done.

[Edit: But, then, no; in the drunken time it's taken me to drunken post, and then calculate that it's actually 8:30 in the morning over there, and you've got to figure someone would be up and posting, lo, Ian 64 has been in twice already ahead of me. So the battle wages far livelier than anything I wished to engage in at this point, and I withdraw gracefully, and with a tinge of shame, from a competition in which I played no legitimate part to begin with. (Edited for inconsequentiality.)]

[ 25.08.2006, 09:06: Message edited by: Lipper ]

Posts: 500 | From: a funeral to a night on the town, without even going home to change. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rory Bunk
Member # 779

But what's this? It appears to be one of these films where the credits shrink into the corner and the main screen shows outtakes. Like this post.
ian .64
Member # 122

Or it could be that this thread, after a mind-blowing, heart-stopping journey down a corridor of light, ends up in an ornate hotel room, ages quickly, sees a black marble slab the size of a garden wall, dies and is reborn anew as an astral child, overseeing the OTF world entire.

[ 25.08.2006, 09:07: Message edited by: ian 64 ]

Lipper
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for Lipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just whack the big child in the giant head with a celestial bone; that'll show it who's boss.
Posts: 500 | From: a funeral to a night on the town, without even going home to change. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

Yeah, the bubble-headed omnipresent bastard layabout. That'll teach it to hover above mankind and sponge off the..er...universe.
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this should be the World Cups forum, and can be used to discuss world championships in a variety of disciplines. I know it's been used for cricket and rugby in the past; maybe it should be extended to encompass everything from Scrabble to petanque.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does Petanque have a World Championship?
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's the women's version in China next year - football that is, not petanque
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Etienne, I have no idea. It was just the first non-mainstream sport that popped into my head.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC