This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » If you saw MOTD please help...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you saw MOTD please help...
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for World Cup Willie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Help Please...

Was watching MOTD on Saturday and remember a player shamelessly feigning a head-butt style injury.

Before I commit a major libel please can you please confirm the club and the player involved. I'm 75 per cent sure it was Lee Hendrie, but please confirm....

Posts: 1562 | From: the axis of pain-pleasure to the arc of desire | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Bill Poster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was.
Posts: 1605 | From: Here to Eternity | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for World Cup Willie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Bill...I can file my copy in safety now!
Posts: 1562 | From: the axis of pain-pleasure to the arc of desire | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not a Gwenter
Member # 936

- posted      Profile for Not a Gwenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ivan Campo, surely?
Posts: 559 | From: Back in Cardiff! Norfolk was an interesting experience, for sure. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it was lee hendrie, who had been "headbutted" by jose antonio reyes.

there have actually been a lot of nasty head injuries in games i've watched recently. campo's one was awful - gary speed has a habit of crushing his team-mates' faces, he did the same thing to shearer last season. shearer split himself again yesterday, and then there was that horrible incident with erik edman against everton. apparently the blow was so serious that he will be out for another month.

i loved the way he got up after sustaining this massive concussive blow to the head and groggily tried to run back to his left-back position before collapsing. that was the sort of self-sacrificing team ethic that has been missing at spurs for too long.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In successive home games I saw Luc Nilis' career being ended in an innocious (typical foul on the keeper), and then Igor Stimac being carried off, after hearing a massive crack and him landing in a heap - luckily he only(!) gashed his leg bigtime. The first time it's just a standard bad injury, knowing he'll be back in a few weeks (he wasn't), the second time, you have Nilis in your mind, and as much as you can't stand Stimac or his club at the time (West Ham), you hope that he'll be running around being a pain in the arse when you play them again in a couple of months time.

I don't think I've wanted an Ipswich player to 'nail' an opponent since. Mind you if it's not going to happen in the first 15 years or so...

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spence Broughton
Member # 88

- posted      Profile for Spence Broughton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you could tell straight away that Nilis' injury was something different to normal. He was clearly in total agony - I remember him waving his arms in a 'fuck, somebody help me quickly' kind of way, and it took an awfully long time to get him off the pitch.

The West Ham game wasn't the next home match, either. Had to look it up, though, and I still can't remember anything about it.

Posts: 1161 | From: Ippo again | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My vantage point of Nilis was obscured to be honest, I was sat in row D almost in the corner in the North by the Cobbold stands.

Was it not the next home game? It felt like it?

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray Mexted
Member # 707

- posted      Profile for Murray Mexted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Nilis. A damn fine player, though generally awful in a Belgium shirt.

I seem to remember he scored a beauty on his Villa debut against Chelsea, too.

Posts: 8483 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mascaroni
Member # 711

- posted      Profile for mascaroni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They don't make head wounds like they used to...
The John Wile/Brian Talbot head clash from the '78 FA Cup semi was a classic - both gashed , claret everywhere... can't ask for more than that...

Butcher v Sweden would have been vastly improved had England been wearing old style cotton shirts, which would have brought out the colour of blood rather than those new-fangled polyester things that just gave him a pinky sort of look and rather undermined his 'bloodied but unbowed' heroic sort of thing that he's dined out on ever since.

Posts: 100 | From: Don't Know | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Their fans recently voted Luc Nilis the greatest P$V player of all time, ahead of Romario, Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooij.

Indeed a great player.

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC