This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Dugouts? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dugouts?
David Bauckham
Member # 1257

- posted      Profile for David Bauckham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is an appropriate moment to say a big thank you to those on this Forum who provided me with valuable background information.

Unfortunately the Stasi & Freiburg stories didn't make it into the final version as the Publishers wanted to keep the focus on Non League and space was limited. There was also a pic of the Newcastle dugouts that had to make way for Alan Curbishley's Foreword, but a pic of the hi-tec Brondby dugout did make it.

However, I did point Sky in the direction of Freiburg and was delighted to see them include footage of the infamous strandkorb in the feature. If anybody has purchased the book, I hope they like it.

Posts: 15 | From: Eastbourne | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck with this, David - a most noble and worthy project. Here's the link. Looks an absolute steal at four quid, so I'm going to order mine right now with 'Damned United'.
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, at that price you've just made a sale. Congrats.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bauckham
Member # 1257

- posted      Profile for David Bauckham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can view sample pages and read reviews to date at http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/dugouts_book.html

Although the book has been published, I am still searching for further noteworthy examples, wherever in the World they may be; not to mention interesting dugout stories.

Please drop me a line and/or email me any photographs: portable dugouts (canvas covered / on wheels); derelict dugouts; brightly painted dugouts; odd designs; dugouts with doors & hanging baskets; dugouts in spectacular or industrial settings ... anything!

Several of the dugouts featured in the book have already been demolished in order to comply with grading regulations so in some cases it's a race against time to record them before they disappear (or fall down).

[ 22.09.2006, 23:09: Message edited by: David Bauckham ]

Posts: 15 | From: Eastbourne | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck David.
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oadlad
Member # 1613

- posted      Profile for Oadlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On being shown round the (then) new Walkers stadium I asked why the dugouts were different in size. I was told that making the home one twice the size of the away one was a deliberate ploy to affect the opposition. It continues in the dressing rooms where the home one has a kickabout area and superior equipment but the away one doesn't.
Hasn't worked up to now as most away teams leave the place with one or three points...

Posts: 157 | From: Leicester UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tactics like that usually galvanise opposition players.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting on the Walkers; it's almost Beckesque.
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Book arrived this morning - looks excellent, David. Well done.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just been given this for my birthday (which was five weeks ago, but that's another story). Excellent book, and some lovely photos. Very impressed, David.

Now, start researching the corner flags volume...

Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Villain
Member # 468

- posted      Profile for Villain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or penalty spots.
Posts: 2049 | From: Croydon init | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've beeen touching myself while reading this for some weeks now. I only put it down for the latest issue of Groundtastic (now all colour with non-league stadium double spreads etc.).
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC