This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » sun exclusive (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: sun exclusive
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nah, phil doesn't give a shit about what the media has to say, just like rooney, and for similar reasons (he can't read what they have to say)
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was joking.

To be fair to the man, he made a lot more than just "a few" tackles.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
England do not deserve this man.

This needs context TG, beyond your badminding.

Looking at the players available to England, for the next four years the players definitely warrant a manager of his calibre. There are several players consistently rated in the top of Europe and the World who will be around in that period.

Whether the English Press, British media and average football phone-in fan deserve him? They don't even deserve McClaren.

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was probably the best player at Euro 2004, certainly no attacking or midfield player came remotely close.

*ahem* Pavel Nedved

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Whether the English Press, British media and average football phone-in fan deserve him? They don't even deserve McClaren."

Add to that the lazy egotistical players and you would have explained my point BLH.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Milan Baros, Zlatan Ibrahimovich and Arjen Robben as well, for that matter.
1-2-3 of Nedved-Rooney-Ibrahimovich from that tournement, in terms of attackers/midfielders, I think.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, whis is Phil so keen to leave Portugal? It can't be for the weather. Is it just the potentially enormous salary? Is he bored with Portugal? Has he "taken them as far as he can"?
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he's been there for four years now. That's plenty of time to be in any international job.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Big Phil would have picked up one player and beat the shit out of the others with him [at NI-England]
Phil made his own trip to Belfast in November (see 'Postman in our team thread'). OK, only a nothing friendly but his main contribution there was to moan about NI being too physical. Surely his great tactical acumen would have prepared him for that, or did he think Damo Johnson was going to turn into a goalscorer like Eusebio? As widely acknowledged by our fans, NI are prboably the roughest international side around at the moment.

Also, he failed to stop Chrissy Ron having a wazz against the North Stand perimeter during training.

I'm still backing Allardeci.

Posts: 3478 | From: the Underworld | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I find the time today I'll try and write a full detailed post describing exactly why Scolari is possibly the most awful choice the FA could possibly have made from the shortlist.

Anyway, here's just some stuff to ponder.

Scolari never watches Portuguese football and he never wathces international football.
He loves the beach, parties, relaxing at home.
His English is S H I T. He sounds like a girl when he tries to speak it, not a har disciplinarian.
His teams are picked upon reputation and not performance, if he were England manager now, Wayne Rooney would still be awaiting his forst cap.
He will be paid far more than any other candidate yet not having an inkling of the English football system, player habits, English lifestyle etc.

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mudhsuden
Member # 1072

- posted      Profile for Mighty Mudhsuden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
His English is S H I T. He sounds like a girl when he tries to speak it
Sounds like the skipper.
Posts: 2061 | From: Hackensack... is that all you get for your money? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
His teams are picked upon reputation and not performance, if he were England manager now, Wayne Rooney would still be awaiting his forst cap.
But he doesn't pick Vitor Baia, does he? And his teams in the first and second games of Euro 2004 were different enough to suggest that performance is an issue for him.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monty
Member # 613

- posted      Profile for Monty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also he took Figo off in the quarter final of Euro 2004 when he was playing shit. That was a big rsik considering they were losing at the time.

In contrast to his opponent that day who didn't take Beckham off despite his indifferent performance.

He refused to pick Romario in 2002 despite public pressure.

Posts: 1111 | From: some computer or other | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4949712.stm

quote:
Gary Lineker said it would be a "strange" appointment because of the "obvious footballing differences between Brazil and England".
Yeah. They're good at it, for starters.

Whoever decided that Martin O'Neill wasn't suitable for the job needs to have a hatstand shoved up their arse, but I'd sooner have Scolari than the shower of bellowing mediocrities that were also on the list.

Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if O'Neill would have wanted the extra media intrusion that goes with the job given his worries at home.
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC