This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Barnsley

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Barnsley
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a video made by the Barnsley fans singing up to the Bradford fans in the away end last week. It's poor quality, but the chanting at the end shows that, disturbingly, racism is alive and well down Oakwell - and the stewards are doing absolutely nothing about it.

Watch the video here

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danger Mouse
Member # 111

- posted      Profile for Danger Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And this is a surprise because?

Having sat in the home end (with a Barnsley supporting mate) when we played them a few years ago in the League Cup, the homophobic and racist abuse Leo Fortune-West received was truly appalling.

[ 03.05.2006, 22:59: Message edited by: Danger Mouse ]

Posts: 2176 | From: Baker Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, so close to my first 'clean sheet' thread.

The fellows in front of the thugs shouting "You're just a town full of pakis" are not just stewards either - there's a lot of fully-suited riot police present too.

Kick it out? Get real...

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

This guy is an absolute genius!

Check out 'bad boys o ravo lol'.

In fact, just check out every section. It's top quality content, the lot of it.

Billy Casper
Member # 131

- posted      Profile for Billy Casper         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness that Yorkshire has towns like Huddersfield and Rotherham!

On Huddersfields official website you will never find references to the Bradford Fire. They're far too cultured, refined, and civilised for that.
Rotherham is vastly different from Barnsley too. It's only a few miles down the road, but in Rotherham everyone is accepted no matter what sexual preferences they have....

Barnsley has its half-witted mouth breathing sheep. Of course it does. Is it any different from any other small town? I don't think so.

In our defence, we hired one of the first black managers in about 1995ish (Viv Anderson) who was well respected until he left us to be Bryan Robson's assistant at Middlesbrough, Bruce Dyer was voted Player Of The Season two or three times when he was with us, and I named my second son after Clint Marcelle!

A couple of dozen chavs trying to provoke a fight with their Bradford counterparts and not being clever enough to sing about the Brontes or New Model Army, in a crowd of ten thousand does not mean racism is "alive and well" in Barnsley.

Posts: 99 | From: Baaarrnsli | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marcelle Casper?
Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

Oh for fucks sake Billy Casper, get down from that goalpost.

I know most clubs have this element to them. My main concern on this is the fact the police and stewards were stood in front of them while they were singing this and the most was done was a steward said "get back lads". Wow - that's kicking racism in the knackers isn't it?

It's the police and stewards reaction (or lack of it) that concerns me most in this video.

By the way, can you show me the derogatory references to the Bradford fire on Huddersfield's Official site. I never go on the message board, so if it's there then it probably gets moderated off - i.e. something is done about it. You can't track folk down who post on message boards so what else do you want doing there? On rivals, a Brentford fan came on to the Bradford site making comments about the fire and was universally told to fuck off by all the Huddersfield fans who go on there for a bit of banter.

Plus, you've got to admit, that little chav's site is a work of pure genius.

Billy Casper
Member # 131

Mrs C would only agree to Marcelle for a middle name sadly.

It's hard to tell on the video, but it seems like the orange clad figures (police?, stewards?) seem more concerned with stopping any Bradford fans from getting on the pitch. Hopefully after they'd done that they could have then gone after the Barnsley fans chanting racist filth, although I agree with you, they probably didn't.

If the intent in your original post was really along the lines of 'look at the police doing nothing about racist chanting', then why follow it up with 'look at this moron - he's from Barnsley too!' I don't get the connection?

(He really is a moron too, I will admit to that.)

Posts: 99 | From: Baaarrnsli | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Casper
Member # 131

I just visited his site again because, well, because it's a right laugh.

Funnily enough though, he has a video dedicated to Michael Chopra.
Whether that makes him more or less of a moron, I can't decide.

Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

My original post was mainly to point out the lack of action by the police at this blatant, loud and very open racist chanting.

The fact it is Barnsley fans is probably neither here nor there, but with FIFA's new rules, these filthy little scumbags could be the difference between your club getting in the play-offs or not

quote:
Under the new system, clubs found guilty of failing to prevent their supporters from abusing players on racial grounds can be docked three points for a first offence
In this case, I think it's a pretty clear-cut three point deduction don't you think?

Edit: just realised the law only applies to racist abuse of players. Hmmm...

[ 04.05.2006, 23:07: Message edited by: Cavalry Trouser Tips ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC