This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » League One Play-Offs (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: League One Play-Offs
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we're the only club where Leon Knight has been at and not pissed anyone off.

Trundle won't be going anywhere - he's not likely to get this at any other club is he?

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a big image too!
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bearing in mind what happened last time, what odds Trundle's hamstring will go before their day out in Cardiff ...
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Brentford. Play-offs are not your friends are they?
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad luck Brentford.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad luck Heston Bee, though from a local away trip point of view I'm glad you've stayed down. From a new-ground point of view I'd also like Swansea to lose the final (sorry ptang), and from a meeting-up-with-old-workmates-in-Yorkshire point of view I'd like Barnsley to stay down too.

So, selfishly, and by default, it's "come on Huddersfield" I guess. Been there, lost there, done that.

[ 14.05.2006, 16:10: Message edited by: E10 Rifle ]

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

Congrats Ptang!

Hopefully, we can join you, but knowing Huddersfield Town and their frustrating inconsistency, you might as well flip a coin rather than study form to try and find out who you'll be meeting in Cardiff.

Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. A trip to Brentford next season. Lovely. And that's three London clubs in the division.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Gents!
A real bummer with tickets for today meant I was stuck in Swansea. Still, marvellous performance.

E10, no offence taken but I think we'll struggle against Huddersfield. That's if they hang on. I'd rather play Barnsley because I fancy our chances more. As I've said before when we played Huddersfield at home, we out-played them for 75 minutes, then they started launching it and sticking it up in the air and we struggle against teams that do that.

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

Ptang, you can't resist getting your sly digs in at Huddersfield can you?

When Gerrard pings a 75-yard ball across the field it's applauded as magnificent, when Nathan Clarke does it he's a third division hoofer.

We've shown we can play it on the floor against many teams this season - yourself included in the game at our place when your lot got so frustrated you had two players sent off.

I'll say this again - 16 opposition players have been sent off against us this season - either we're the Juventus of League One, or lots of players find it difficult to get the ball off us. Bearing in mind Ken Davy is no Luciano Moggi.

Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

I wasn't being sly. I just felt that Huddersfield only came back into that particular game when they started banging the ball up to the big fellas. I didn't say it wasn't legitimate and I did say that I reckon we'd struggle against you.
I wasn't suggesting you play like that all the time.
Btw are you suggesting Nathan Clarke is as good as Gerrard?
I agree our disciplinary record is pretty poor. We're not physical but we have got a couple of hotheads.

[ 14.05.2006, 16:04: Message edited by: Ptangyangkipperbang ]

E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Swansea-Huddersfield game was one of the best televised games of the season in all divisions and competitions.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

And my niece was a mascot that night.
My brother paid 300 for the honour. What a mug eh?

TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not such a bad price.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

I've heard of worse, I know. Apparently Everton charge over a grand, but 300 when it should be for nothing is a bit much.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC