This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » football stickers and collections (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: football stickers and collections
gooner79
Member # 1541

- posted      Profile for gooner79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at the age of 27 i've started collecting panini stickers along with my 25 year old brother. we've done this mainly so we have someone to swap with! my problem is that it's reminded me of a collection i had when i was a kid (late 80s early 90s) but i can't remember what the hell it was called. It was in a red ring binder and you collected the sections, including golden goals form the likes of pele, gemmel, maradonna, and saves from the likes of banks. Someone help please!!!
Posts: 13 | From: kent | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh gawd, another one. What is it about Arsenal fans and their total lack of imagination? Oh...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gooner79
Member # 1541

- posted      Profile for gooner79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
other than taking the mickey out of the fact that i support arsenal, can you help with the subject matter?
Posts: 13 | From: kent | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mate Bob Stanley out of Saint Etienne is trying to get me involved in a Panini-swapping cartel this year. Last time I did it was '98. Still tempted...
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gooner79
Member # 1541

so much fun! the last time i collected them was '94. It was the free album in the paper that got me going, the merlin version, it was rubbish. Apart from half of the album being dedicated to the England squad, each of the other teams were only allocated between 6 and 13 stickers.
eighties casual
Member # 645

- posted      Profile for eighties casual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got got need
Posts: 2185 | From: Paxton Road | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gooner79
Member # 1541

how the hell did we remember just by looking at them which of the 300 odd we needed?!?!?
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've already got thierryhenryVIII, so gooner79 is a swap.
Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ursus minor has got about two dozen swaps already, so we would be more than happy to participate.

It is also rumoured that Rizzoli is coming out with a book reprinting all of the World Cup Panini books since 1970 (the Gazzetta is doing their own version of this, in serial form, with additional material).

And the Gazzetta's ads for their collection are exactly "got, got, got, got, got" (in Italian, of course).

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eighties casual
Member # 645

- posted      Profile for eighties casual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember completing the 1986 world cup with big haired rubbish Brazilian Casagrande, swapped with Stephen Moad for about 150 'gots'. Quite a moment.

It's best to pack it in in the 3rd year though. Girls don't find it at all attractive gooner79, it's worse than xboxs and playstations.

Posts: 2185 | From: Paxton Road | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the most joyous, uncomplicated laughter of my childhood came from me and my mate looking at Hugo Sanchez' afro, and Hector Chumpitaz' name.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gooner79
Member # 1541

ah see, I'm married with kids now, so I'm not all that bothered about the girls thing! However you're right about when to stop, that's why I roped my brother in, so I don't have to hang around my daughter's school and run the risk of getting nicked just for trying to do some swaps!
gooner79
Member # 1541

carlos valderama, now that guy neede two stickers to fit his hair in!
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can remember playground speculation being rife in 1978, because the head and shoulders photos of the West Brom players in the Panini album of that year showed them all wearing shirts, except Cyrille Regis, who was clearly unshirted. the conclusion was naturally reached that he was therefore a 'bummer'.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubillas
Member # 145

- posted      Profile for cubillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Made the hugely expensive mistake of agrreing to buy a book each for the kids. Two books, two sets of packets each time and of course twice as many Mark van Bommel's and Josep Simunic as I would have got if I'd been honest and just bought a book for myself.
All the kids are interested in is finding out whether they've got any 'shineys'. I've got well over a hundred swops now if you're interested and only need Carlos Bocanegra to finish my daughter's USA squad.
Ukrainian hairdressers must be shot by the way.

Posts: 733 | From: Wales | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC